Accidentally deleted /var/www/html/owncloud

I accidentally deleted /var/www/html/owncloud while re-installing Apache (SSL certificates got messed up and trying to fix it only made it worse so I completely re-installed Apache). Is there any way to get it back or nuke the whole thing and start from scratch?

I’m on Ubuntu 20.04 and I’ve already run the first few steps of the Ubuntu 18.04 installation guide that involves setting up the virtual host configuration but I got stuck at the point where you have to run occ maintenance:install. It said that maintenance:install wasn’t a valid command. I assume that’s because I’ve already installed Owncloud.
Is there a way I can just delete everything and start over, or is there a way to fix this?

I think, by default, the data and config directories are inside that folder, so if those we’re deleted we’ll have to start from scratch.

The usual trick to prevent this is to use a soft link for the ownCloud’s config directory out of there and also change the default data directory in the ownCloud’s configuration. This way it’s easier to replace / upgrade ownCloud’s installation as long as ownCloud uses the same configuration file

2 Likes