Best Method to Repair and Upgrade ownCloud Server

Hey Guys -

First of all, I LOVE ownCloud! I've hosted my own personal server for my family in the cloud for a few years and recommend it to many. Thanks for your work, devs!

Despite my current server installation working overall, it's throwing a few errors plus I want to upgrade it from 8.1.1 to the latest stable version. I'd attempt an upgrade immediately, but due since hosted in the cloud and due to amount of data, I wanted to make sure I did so correctly. Below is information about these errors and it's configuration with sensitive data changed. I'd assume it would be wise to fix any prior to upgrade.

Overall, if you could please let me know what I need to do to ensure a safe upgrade where i don't loose user data or their synced data; I'd really appreciate it!

Server Configuration
- Hosted in the cloud (ownCube)
- Access it via a path formatted as https://servercloud.com/owncloud
- It may have been initially installed with Softalicious - I don't remember
- ownCloud Version: 8.1.1 Stable
- 3rd party SSL installed on site
- PHP Version: 2.6.32-042
- No 3rd Party apps
- mySQL Database which is ~350mb

Errors / Issues
Functionality seems to be good everywhere except for no integrated update, but the below errors are listed in the console with the last one listed multiple times in owncloud.log.
- This server has no working Internet connection. This means that some of the features like mounting external storage, notifications about updates or installation of third-party apps will not work. Accessing files remotely and sending of notification emails might not work, either. We suggest to enable Internet connection for this server if you want to have all features.
- No memory cache has been configured. To enhance your performance please configure a memcache if available. Further information can be found in our documentation.
- The "X-XSS-Protection" HTTP header is not configured to equal to "1; mode=block". This is a potential security or privacy risk and we recommend adjusting this setting.
- The "X-Content-Type-Options" HTTP header is not configured to equal to "nosniff". This is a potential security or privacy risk and we recommend adjusting this setting.
- The "X-Robots-Tag" HTTP header is not configured to equal to "none". This is a potential security or privacy risk and we recommend adjusting this setting.
- The "X-Frame-Options" HTTP header is not configured to equal to "SAMEORIGIN". This is a potential security or privacy risk and we recommend adjusting this setting.
- {"reqId":"WcvXu23JklEAAGbEPIgAAAAP","remoteAddr":"67.109.191.254","app":"PHP","message":"Automatically populating $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA is deprecated and will be removed in a future version. To avoid this warning set 'always_populate_raw_post_data' to '-1' in php.ini and use the php:\/\/input stream instead. at Unknown#0","level":3,"time":"2017-09-27T16:54:19+00:00"}
The entire owncloud.log may be downloaded here

Config.php
<?php
$CONFIG = array (
'instanceid' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx',
'passwordsalt' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx',
'trusted_domains' =>
array (
0 => 'servercloud.com',
),
'datadirectory' => '/home/servercl/ownclouddata',
'dbtype' => 'mysql',
'version' => '8.1.1.3',
'dbname' => 'servercl_ownc707',
'dbhost' => 'localhost',
'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
'dbuser' => 'USERNAME',
'dbpassword' => 'PASSWORD',
'installed' => true,
'forcessl' => true,
'theme' => '',
'maintenance' => false,
'secret' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx',
'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://servercloud.com/owncloud',
'loglevel' => 4,
'mail_smtpmode' => 'smtp',
'mail_from_address' => 'owncloud',
'mail_domain' => 'servercloud.com',
'forceSSLforSubdomains' => true,
'mail_smtphost' => 'smtpout.secureserver.net',
'mail_smtpport' => '25',
'mail_smtpauth' => 1,
'mail_smtpname' => 'EMAIL',
'mail_smtppassword' => 'PASSWORD',
);

Folder Structure
- /ownclouddata/: Contains folders named after usernames containing synced data
- /publichtml/owncloud/: Contains ownCloud root installation. Screenshot of ownCloud root (this folder) here

Client Configuration
- Using latest client version on Windows 10, but not having any issues client-side

Notes
- Visting "http://example.com/index.php/settings/integrity/failed" with my domain redirected me to my list of files
- I also had no option to generate a config report

Happy to submit anything else needed - Thanks!

The usual recommendation is always make a backup of the system so you can recover your current state if something goes wrong during the upgrade

The errors shown there are warning messages. They shouldn't interfere with the normal behaviour of ownCloud, but as you can see, there could be potential security / privacy risks. You definitely should fix those at some point, but it's also up to you to decide if before or after the upgrade.

The recommended upgrade path is 8.1.1 -> latest 8.1.x -> latest 8.2.x -> latest 9.0.x -> 10.0.7. Note that upgrading directly to 10.0.7 from your version is NOT supported.

If it's your first time upgrading, read the ownCloud's documentation about how to upgrade.

Other than that, good luck with the upgrade :upside_down: . If you have further questions, feel free to ask again.