8.2.x
help

SW
Linux Mint, 17.3, KDE updated
ownCloud 8.2.2

Manual used: 8.2 - Dec 2015

I tried to install
1 - with the desktop synclient; result: Error: Wrong credetials

2 - WebDAV connection using the aforementioned manual 4.2.3; resullt: "Unable to connect to server. Please check your settings and try again."

3 - Creating WebDAV Mounts on the Linux Command Linux using aforementioned manual 4.2.4; result "[mntent]: line 14 in /etc/fstab is bad
mount: can't find /home/rost/owncloud in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab"
Line 14 is checked and is correct.

All entries where several times checked and repeated to avoid typos.

I am not an Linux guru but can work with commands when I know how they must look like and I also can modify script for which I need root rights.

What kind of information do you need to please help me?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

which version of the sync client are you using? (the issue template shown here when creating a new thread is not asking this just for fun).

ownCloud 8.2.2

This is outdated. Please update ASAP to 8.2.9

And before you connect the clients, first check if you can login on the web-interface.

Thanks for your first replies.

Access to my ownCloud via internet bowser Firefox works perfectly fine.

Updating: OK I will do so. When I access my ownCloud through Firefox, I get the message that 8.2.7 is available.

Which version is better? 8.2.7 or 8.2.9?

8.2.9 is the way to go.

Please post the used version of the sync client.

8.2.9 is understood.

What is the sync client? I am not synching a mobile device. (This might come later)

I only want access the owncloud folder from the KDE Dolphin file manager.

If this answer is insufficient please advice how I can identify "sync client" without a mobile device.

Hi,

i'm referring to this:

Sorry for my misunderstanding:

Instead of "desktop synclient" I should have used the term "ownCloud Connection Wizard"

I checked the installed packages using "ownCloud" in the Synaptic Package Manager"

Version: 1.5.0+dfsg-4ubuntu1 for the following packages
- owncloud-clinet
- owncloud-client
- owncloud-client-I10
and
- libocsync0 version 0.91.4-1

Thanks for you continuing help and patients with me.

Hi,

your distro is shipping a version of the sync client released 3!!!! years ago. This version is unsupported and blocked from recent oC versions due to various security and technical reasons. Please update to a recent version of the sync client listed at https://owncloud.org/install/#install-clients

This update will solve "1 - with the desktop synclient; result: Error: Wrong credetials" so i'm closing here to avoid that other issues are mixed in here. For the other issues please create a new thread after you have updated to at least 8.2.9 and after you have reviewed and worked your way through the resources provided here:

closed #10