Cannot determine UUID for xxx

I recently added 3 new users to my OwnCloud security group and instantly started getting errors concerning the new users. I did not notice this til after I tried these users to log in and they received incorrect password errors.

After browsing through the logs from OwnCloud, I’m noticing a large amount of errors concerning this:

Cannot determine UUID for cn=xxxx,ou=xxx,etc etc, “,“Code”:0,“Trace”:”#0 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/user_ldap\/lib\/User\/Manager.php(319): OCA\\User_LDAP\\User\\UserEntry->getUUID()\n#1 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/user_ldap\/lib\/User\/Manager.php(227): OCA\\User_LDAP\\User\\Manager->resolveUID(Object(OCA\\User_LDAP\\User\\UserEntry))\n#2 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/user_ldap\/lib\/User\/Manager.php(518): OCA\\User_LDAP\\User\\Manager->getFromEntry(Array)\n#3 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/user_ldap\/lib\/User_LDAP.php(172): OCA\\User_LDAP\\User\\Manager->getUsers(’’, 500, 0)\n#4 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/user_ldap\/lib\/User_Proxy.php(161): OCA\\User_LDAP\\User_LDAP->getUsers(’’, 500, 0)\n#5 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/User\/Sync\/AllUsersIterator.php(50): OCA\\User_LDAP\\User_Proxy->getUsers(’’, 500, 0)\n#6 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/User\/SyncService.php(130): OC\\User\\Sync\\AllUsersIterator->rewind()\n#7 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/core\/Command\/User\/SyncBackend.php(229): OC\\User\\SyncService->run(Object(OCA\\User_LDAP\\User_Proxy), Object(OC\\User\\Sync\\AllUsersIterator), Object(Closure))\n#8 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/core\/Command\/User\/SyncBackend.php(174): OC\\Core\\Command\\User\\SyncBackend->syncMultipleUsers(Object(Symfony\\Component\\Console\\Input\\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\\Component\\Console\\Output\\ConsoleOutput), Object(OC\\User\\SyncService), Object(OCA\\User_LDAP\\User_Proxy), ‘disable’)\n#9 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/composer\/symfony\/console\/Command\/Command.php(255): OC\\Core\\Command\\User\\SyncBackend->execute(Object(Symfony\\Component\\Console\\Input\\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\\Component\\Console\\Output\\ConsoleOutput))\n#10 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/composer\/symfony\/console\/Application.php(953): Symfony\\Component\\Console\\Command\\Command->run(Object(Symfony\\Component\\Console\\Input\\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\\Component\\Console\\Output\\ConsoleOutput))\n#11 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/composer\/symfony\/console\/Application.php(248): Symfony\\Component\\Console\\Application->doRunCommand(Object(OC\\Core\\Command\\User\\SyncBackend), Object(Symfony\\Component\\Console\\Input\\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\\Component\\Console\\Output\\ConsoleOutput))\n#12 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/composer\/symfony\/console\/Application.php(148): Symfony\\Component\\Console\\Application->doRun(Object(Symfony\\Component\\Console\\Input\\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\\Component\\Console\\Output\\ConsoleOutput))\n#13 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/Console\/Application.php(161): Symfony\\Component\\Console\\Application->run(Object(Symfony\\Component\\Console\\Input\\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\\Component\\Console\\Output\\ConsoleOutput))\n#14 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/console.php(106): OC\\Console\\Application->run()\n#15 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/occ(11): require_once(’\/var\/www\/ownclo…’)\n#16 {main}",“File”:"\/var\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/user_ldap\/lib\/User\/UserEntry.php",“Line”:173}"}

No changes have been made to the server and just the week prior added 3 new users with no issues. As I side note, I am having issues with my AD updating/syncing new changes in Univention. As for the 3 new users that are coming up in the logs, I can verify user settings in User Authentication > Login Attributes

Hey,

it seems you have omitted all information about your issue and environment (e.g. used ownCloud version) asked in the issue template showing up when creating a new thread.

Maybe this unexpected behavior is also originating from using an outdated version of the server or client?

@tom42 , thanks for replying. I am using OwnCloud Version 10.1.1-2019-04-23