Can't login after upgrade and server change - high CPU-load (100%)

Hi!
I disabled the apps after upgrade was done.
The upgrade process ended fine. No errors.
There is an data/update.log, but with no errors.
I restarted the FCGI service 3-4-times and tried it again. Switched the PHP-versions, restarted and tried again and again. Same problem all the time: browser wouldn’t load after login-form.

before disabling:

• calendar: 1.6.3
  • comments: 0.3.0
  • configreport: 0.2.0
  • contacts: 1.5.5
  • dav: 0.4.0
  • federatedfilesharing: 0.4.0
  • federation: 0.1.0
  • files: 1.5.2
  • files_external: 0.7.1
  • files_pdfviewer: 0.11.0
  • files_sharing: 0.11.0
  • files_trashbin: 0.9.1
  • files_versions: 1.3.0
  • files_videoplayer: 0.10.1
  • firstrunwizard: 1.2.0
  • gallery: 16.1.1
  • market: 0.5.0
  • notifications: 0.5.0
  • provisioning_api: 0.5.0
  • systemtags: 0.3.0
  • updatenotification: 0.2.1
    Disabled:
  • encryption
  • external
  • user_external

Alright, could you try enabling more verbose logging ?
Did you check the error log of your webserver too ?
Did you try from different browser ?

Thanks for your quick response!
I enabled it and renamed the old data/owncloud.log. But after try to login, there is no new logfile.

The apache error.log just says:

[Fri Aug 23 12:13:42.443976 2019] [fcgid:warn] [pid 104266] [client MyIP:58878] mod_fcgid: read data timeout in 600 seconds
[Fri Aug 23 12:13:42.444051 2019] [core:error] [pid 104266] [client MyIP:58878] End of script output before headers: index.php

Tested it with Safari and Chrome. Same problem. :cry:

btw: the login-site appears instantly.

Hey,

i’m not sure if this is relevant but from what i have read in the past ownCloud only supports Apache with mod_php officially:

https://doc.owncloud.org/server/10.2/admin_manual/installation/system_requirements.html#officially-supported-environments

and lists nginx with php-fpm as an alternative but unsupported option:

https://doc.owncloud.org/server/10.2/admin_manual/installation/system_requirements.html#alternative-but-unsupported-options

Personally i’m using the alternative option with nginx and php-fpm and haven’t found any issues with that setup yet.

1 Like

Changed permissions on files and folders and activated mod_php: same problem. wtf?

Are there any caching files or someting else?

Alright, well don’t you have opcache or any PHP opcode activated ?
Could you try to create a test.php file with a phpinfo and try to load it ?
Is your database configuration correct ? Could you paste your config.php (anonymize it) ?

2 Likes

Memcached ist active.
Other PHP-files loads very quickly. (phpinfo() was my first try in the morning.) owncloud-start site is loading quickly too. Only the login sequence stuck.

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'instanceid' => '51a08b73cc2e8',
  'passwordsalt' => 'XXXX',
  'datadirectory' => '/var/www/cloud.xxx.de/cloud/data',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '10.2.1.4',
  'dbname' => 'c1_cloud',
  'dbhost' => 'localhost',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'dbuser' => 'c1_cloud',
  'dbpassword' => 'xxx',
  'installed' => true,
  'forcessl' => true,
  'maintenance' => false,
  'trusted_domains' =>.
  array (
    0 => 'localhost',
    1 => 'cloud.xxx.de',
  ),
  'secret' => 'xxx',
  'theme' => '',
  'loglevel' => 4,
  'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',
  'memcached_servers' =>.
  array (
    0 =>.
    array (
      0 => 'localhost',
      1 => 11211,
    ),
  ),
  'cache_path' => '',
  'trashbin_retention_obligation' => 'auto',
  'appstore.experimental.enabled' => true,
  'mail_domain' => 'xxx.de',
  'mail_from_address' => 'noreply',
  'mail_smtpmode' => 'php',
  'updater.secret' => 'xxx',
  'log_type' => 'owncloud',
  'logfile' => 'owncloud.log',
  'loglevel' => '3',
  'logdateformat" => "F d, Y H:i:s',
);

Could this be an PHP session related issue similar to:

and/or:

Maybe there are some permission issues on the new server where PHP isn’t able to write the session required for the login? Or there are additional permission issues after the server change which could explain why the owncloud.log isn’t written anymore?

2 Likes

Try removing anything “useless” things from your config.php such as the memcache to keep it simple to debug.
The database connection works ?
Careful you have two times the loglevel, set it to 0 or 1, something very verbose.

As I said before: “I changed the permissions…”, because there was an error of the session_path. Sorry for the short answer!

Removing other config didn’t solve, but the logfile now apears!! (I think it was the double “loglevel”!)

Thousends of entries appear with the same error:

{“reqId”:“XRCL9hJElGp3FOVmYasz”,“level”:3,“time”:“2019-08-23T12:38:11+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“MyIP”,“user”:“roger@xxx.de”,“app”:“PHP”,“method”:“POST”,“url”:"/index.php/login",“message”:“realpath(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/clients/client1/web66/cloud:/var/www/clients/client1/web66/private:/var/www/clients/client1/web66/tmp:/var/www/cloud.xxx.de/cloud:/srv/www/cloud.xxx.de/cloud:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin:/dev/random:/dev/urandom:/src/) at /var/www/clients/client1/web66/cloud/lib/private/Files/Storage/Local.php#389”}

It seems to be a wrong rewrite rule?

ahaha no it’s “easier”, you must have set the open_basedir somewhere in your php configuration, could you find it and comment it temporary to check if your ownCloud works fine after.
It’s possible you have to some RewriteBase somewhere that would mess it up.

1 Like

With open_basedir("/:/…) I can login! omfg!
But this should not be used.
How can I fix this?

ahah I was sure, well could you check you have a RewriteBase somewhere in your .htaccess or Apache configuration ?

1 Like

There is no RewriteBase.

Alright, do you have any mount bind, symbolic link, selinux or secure policies anywhere ?
I’m guessing you are using a panel such as cpanel or ispconfig.
There is maybe some kind of chrooting done by the panel.

2 Likes

Hey yes, it’s ispconfig. But there is no chroot, mount bind or symbolic link.

I got it!
The home-path changed! I manually edit this in oc_accounts and correct the open_basedir again (with no “/”). And it works!!

ahah nicely done :slight_smile:
It’s weird it has changed, you might consider doing a thorough check of everything on your ownCloud now.
I’m glad it’s fixed, think about solving the topic please.
Cheers.

2 Likes

Thank you very much!!
BTW: FCGI works!

1 Like

Hey,

if i’m understanding the following documentation correctly:

https://doc.owncloud.org/server/10.2/admin_manual/maintenance/manually-moving-data-folders.html

which i have found in this statement:

Important: You must keep the data/ directory’s original file path during the migration. However, you can change it before you begin the migration, or after the migration’s completed.

https://doc.owncloud.org/server/10.2/admin_manual/maintenance/migrating.html

there might be additional database path you need to change if you haven’t kept the data directory at the same place.

2 Likes