Cron running no entry in log

Settings general says cron ran 41 minutes ago

But log shows no entry for cron today ?

Hey,

how do you know that cron runs are logged into the logfiles at all?

Cause I seen them. I think it has too do with log level which I raised

“cron”,“method”:"–",“url”:"–",“message”:“Finished background job, the job took : 0 seconds, this job is an instance of class : OCA\Files\BackgroundJob\CleanupFileLocks with arguments : “}
{“reqId”:“sIg9GBSYqtVJCw5RdHdK”,“level”:0,“time”:“2018-09-09T22:00:02+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:””,“user”:"–",“app”:“cron”,“method”:"–",“url”:"–",“message”:“Started background job of class : OCA\Files_Sharing\DeleteOrphanedSharesJob with arguments : “}
{“reqId”:“sIg9GBSYqtVJCw5RdHdK”,“level”:0,“time”:“2018-09-09T22:00:02+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:””,“user”:"–",“app”:“cron”,“method”:"–",“url”:"–",“message”:“Finished background job, the job took : 0 seconds, this job is an instance of class : OCA\Files_Sharing\DeleteOrphanedSharesJob with arguments : “}
{“reqId”:“sIg9GBSYqtVJCw5RdHdK”,“level”:0,“time”:“2018-09-09T22:00:02+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:””,“user”:"–",“app”:“cron”,“method”:"–",“url”:"–",“message”:"Started background job of class : OCA\Files_Trashbin\BackgroundJob\ExpireTrash with arguments : "}

Hey,

this could be possible. I think if that would be logged by default (i’m not getting any of such entries) the log would get hundreds of MB big in a few days.

The cron daemon usually logs into /var/log/syslog.

Sep 16 11:25:01 abu-hp CRON[4630]: (www-data) CMD (/usr/bin/php -f /var/www/html/owncloud/cron.php)

1 Like

the job gets into syslog but the minutia goes into owncloud.log and log level 0 -

thanks

So what is (or was) the problem then?

as stated before i realize i change debug level so no problem thansks