Deleting/deleted items

Server configuration
Operating system: Debian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie) - 3.16.0-4-amd64
Web server: Apache/2.4.10 (Debian)
Database: 15.1 Distrib 10.0.25-MariaDB, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 5.2
PHP version: 5.6.23-0+deb8u1 (cli) - Zend Engine v2.6.0 with Zend OPcache v7.0.6-dev
ownCloud version: 9.1.0 (stable)
Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install: Fresh install
Special configuration: None

I am wondering where ownCloud saves deleted items. From what I gather every item that is deleted is stored in a "bin" that does not count against the user's storage quota. Hence I expect resulting overhead that I want to accommodate for. Are files moved to a different folder upon deletion or is it just "flagged" differently but still inside the normal ownCloud file structure? Can the method be influenced and/or can a "bin folder" be specified?
This is important to me because the ownCloud application itself resides on a rather small, non-virtualized drive while the storage backend is located on a different, scalable drive.

And as a little add-on question since it is related: Is the "click to confirm" pop-up when deleting not a function of ownCloud core? Should I look for a third party plugin?

Hi,

the files are moved to the files_trashbin folder of a user within the datadir. So if you have a user called "test" the files are ending up in:

/path/to/owncloud/data/test/files_trashbin

This behavior / method can't be changed.

ownCloud doesn't provide such a functionality for the reasons discussed here:

but it seems there is an app providing this functionality available here:

https://apps.owncloud.com/content/show.php/Delete+Confirmations?content=169968

Thank you very much.
This is all I needed to know and workable for my setup.
As to the confirmation, it would seem that it is a question of personal preference.
I will look into the app you provided the link for.