File added to an external storage not syncing with desktop clients

Hello

We have the latest owncloud (server and client).
External storage are mounted through fstab and added as local folder in owncloud.
Everything is working except …
When someone put a file directly on the fileserver (then mounted on owncloud). The files are not syncing. If we go to the web interface to the folder where the file is … syncing occure.
Is there a solution to this scenario ?

Thank you very much to all

Hi Stanthewizzard,

I used the forum’s search feature with the keywords “external storage” and found this post:

1 Like

Thanks @cortho

It’s not external as it is a fstab mount so local for owncloud
I have the cron
and this one
www-data /usr/bin/php /var/www/owncloud/occ files:scan --path stan/mnt/freenas/SyncStan/Owncloud/

No succes
As soon as I browse the folder through the webportal … file is synced with desktop app

Thanks again

Just out of curiosity, what happens when you run

sudo -u www-data /usr/bin/php /var/www/owncloud/occ files:scan --path stan/mnt/freenas/SyncStan/Owncloud

?

Maybe you want to provide some information about your system? OS/Distribution, ownCloud versions (server and client) … the information you gave is a little … umm … “basic” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Scanning files for 1 users
Starting scan for user 1 out of 1 (stan)

±--------±------±-------------±-----------------+
| Folders | Files | Elapsed time | Items per second |
| 0 | 0 | 00:00:00 | 0 |

ubuntu 20.04
apache 2.4.41
php 7.4.7
mariadb 10.5.8
owncloud server 10.5.0.10
owncloud client 2.7.2 2626

everything up to date

I tried with another PC and magic … it’s synchronised.
First PC is virtual
Second PC is not
I think this a bug in experimental feature

Hey,

i’m not sure but to me this sounds like you have added this fstab mount to the owncloud data folder? Or have you used the “external storage app” with the “local” option?

If it is the first one then i think this could cause all kind of issues if i’m understanding the following post correctly:

Yes external storage with local
You are right

Thanks