Hide "Decline Share" menu option for all users

Hello,

I’m implementing an OwnCloud server the has the single purpose of sharing corporate PDF files from one department to all users in my company.

I have everything configured as desired but I’d like to make sure users could not accidentally “Decline Shares”.

Is there a way to hide this menu option?

Thanks in advance,
GAR

I guess you want to check the option “Automatically accept new incoming local user shares” in Admin Settings -> Share. Then the share recipient is not asked to accept or decline.

See https://doc.owncloud.com/server/admin_manual/configuration/files/file_sharing_configuration.html#introduction

1 Like

Just so that you know, even if a user was to decline a share they can always get it back by going to “Shared with you” in the Files menu.

Thanks for your answer.

I already have that option checked. But the users are able to inadvertently “Decline Shares”, on the web interface and then complain they can’t see the files.

What I need is a way to remove the option from the 3 dot menu.

GAR

Thanks for your answer.

I know users have the ability to decline and revert this action in the “shared with you” menu option… But the users are able to inadvertently “Decline Shares”, on the web interface and then complain they can’t see the files.

Most of our users are not tech savvy, so, when they accidentally decline a share, they’re not able to revert this error.

What I need is a way to remove the option from the 3 dot menu, or disable this option in any other way.

GAR

I see your point. If this is required for your implementation, then the only way I see is removing those items with a custom app or theme.

Then you may provide your own script, which removes those elements. There was an interesting post about adding custom javascript some days ago: Adding custom javascript with custom theme in 10.3

1 Like