How do I get sharelink to use in HTML, forums?

I apologize if this has already been asked, but I can't find my answer. I am wanting a sharelink that I can use in my wordpress site or any HTML page. I can't seem to do this with either dropbox or owncloud. I don't get a filename with the sharelink and I think that is what is wrong. I get a code. Wordpress and HTML pages don't like it when using Can anyone help?
I am using
OwnCloud 9.1.0
Wordpress 4.5.3
PHP 5.6.22

Thank you,
Doug

You get links like: https://example.org/s/mbWlAv2hrjIW1fc, you can add /download at the end that you can directly access the file without a download screen. There is a feature request to use the filename and extension in the URL:

For the gallery app, there is an additional app that can do this for images:
https://apps.owncloud.com/content/show.php/ShareLinks?content=170527

Thank you for your response. Sadly neither of these work for me. I have tried using the /download at the end and ShareLinks doesn't work in 9.1.0 as well as the Gallery+ app (15). Thank you for your suggestions. If you know of anything else that may work please let me know. I don't want to have duplicate files on my server when I can have a link to it.

Doug

Via external storage? For example you have set up your webserver:
img.example.com -> /var/www/img
wordpress.example.com -> /var/www/wordpress
owncloud.example.com -> /var/www/owncloud

Now you can use /var/www/img as external storage in owncloud (it is shown like a folder), but you can still access files directly without any oc-interface.

Thank you for your reply.
I like where you're going with this. I would definitely benefit from this set-up. I have tried accessing /path/to/owncloud/data directly, but it seems I don't have my permissions set properly. In my owncloud data directory I have other directories I would like to access. Example: it would look like /path/to/owncloud/data/user/files/directoryname and in this folder there will be other directories containing images. Would something like this be possible? If not, what would be the proper permission setting for /path/to/owncloud/data/user/files/directory and link it to my media folder in wordpress?

Use the external storage feature! ownCloud needs exclusive access to the data-folder. There are some protections in place, and if you work around them, this will likely result in a insecure configuration.

Creating an external storage does the complete opposite of what I am wanting to do. I need my images from owncloud into wordpress, not the other way around. I found this page, but got an error on step 4 and couldn't figure it out. I tried multiple times and ways. I may end up having duplicates until owncloud fixes their sharelink issue. Thank you for your suggestions.

There are no sharelinks issues here. Its just a security measure that you can't do what you're looking for because of the reasons explained here: https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/16470#issuecomment-155356185

Hi there,

What about if I share a folder and want to address a file in the folder? (as a direct access and without a download screen)

Thanks

There are some security concerns, a clean solution would be to use a subdomain for such things, e.g. usercontent.example.org/sharedlink/picture.png: