Limit/restrict available languages for users

I was wondering if there is a way to limit or restrict the choice of available languages for ownCloud users. This would be really useful, if custom mail templates are used. If you adjust the sentences in a mail template, the translations do not work anymore. This is especially annoying, if you keep some sentences and adjust some. This would lead to some sentences being translated and others not. To avoid this, you have to either edit each translation files or to just change every sentence in the mail templates. I think a more practical way would be to be able to restrict the users to only select some languages in their preferences. The Administrator then only has to adjust this languages instead of all.

Steps to reproduce
1. Change a sentence in the mail templates
2. Manage to receive the mail based on this template (f.e. Activity notification).
3. See that the adjusted sentence is not translated.

Expected behavior
If there is an option to limit the available languages, the effort to manage these would be pretty easy.

Actual behavior
The admin/owner of the ownCloud instance needs to adjust every language file (or include all the language files in his theme and adjust them).

Server configuration
Operating system: Debian Jessie 8.7
Web server: Apache/2.4.10
Database: mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.54
PHP version: PHP 5.6.30-0+deb8u1
ownCloud version: 9.1.4.2
Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install: Updated from 9.1.0

Hi,

there is no such option available in ownCloud to limit the available language. According to [1] the only possibility currently is to remove the language from the core/l10n folder.

[1]

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I implemented it, and it is working as expected. Starting from OC9 this will break the signing mechanism. Maybe I will open an issue on github to discuss this in conjunction with signing further.