Maintenance mode at each upgrade

Hi !

At each upgrade, the owncloud server switches to "maintenance" mode and stays in this configuration after the upgrade.
Not a big problem, I now know that I just need to modify the configuration file (config.php) and change this line:
" 'Maintenance' => false ", to true to false.

But with every upgrade from 8.0 ... My girlfriend uses our owncloud but don't know how edit this file when owncloud is blocked, and is waiting for my return to fix this.

It's quite painful to have to do the manipulation at each upgrade.
An idea of why the maintenance mode don't comeback to normal after a complete upgrade ?

Thank you ! (and sorry for my english :slight_smile:)

Hi,

there is a blogpost for oC 8.2 explaining the reasons behind this available at [1]:

Second, the Linux packages will show a different upgrade behavior. Linux packages before 8.2 send an existing ownCloud server into maintenance mode, install the new code base, perform occ upgrade on behalf of the system administrator, then exit out of maintenance mode. This often came unexpected to the admin and is in general not safe as an unattended install. Third party apps are also likely to break this automated process.

Linux packages 8.2 and up change an existing ownCloud server into maintenance mode, install the new code base, and leave the server in maintenance mode. It is up to the system administrator to finalize the upgrade.

[1] https://owncloud.org/blog/upgrading-to-owncloud-server-8-2/

Oh I didn't find this. Thank you very much !

So it's normal. Not very user-friendly... :confused:
I will try to make a little script for this.

Thanks again.