Migration from owncloud 10 to ocis

Hello there,

i have seen there is this article in documentation:

but i can’t understand if it is the proper migration procedure for moving from onwcloud 10 to ocis.

Never tested ocis yet which are main differences?
does owncloud 10 will be maitained?
is there a detailed procedure to migrate the OC10 istance to OCIS? this is used for family documents and files sharing and backup.
I use the docker compose.

Hey,

i have seen the following statement below from some one of ownCloud in the past. And currently i have seen that ownCloud is getting made ready for PHP 8.x so it seems to be that it is still maintained.

1 Like

Hi everybody,
i am asking myself how to proceed. I am using OC since many years in my homecloud. I m very fine with everything, using file sharing in different groups, as well carddav, caldav on some smartdevices. At the moment version 10.4. is in place. Because of existing vulnerabilities i would like to migrate - but into which direction?
OC 10.13 still needs php7.4 - which is not supported anymore? Only OC deliver it within docker.
So switching to docker based OC could be a solution for me.
On the other hand, what about OCIS? Should i go that way? Is that we future? Is i ready, sufficient?
Or should i move to Nextcloud?
I would appreciate to get some opinions from you.

If you are on Debian or Ubuntu there is still excellent support for PHP 7.4 from

1 Like

Hey,

PHP 7.4 is also still supported in Debian “oldstable” (Bullseye) until July 2024 and maybe until then PHP 8.x support has arrived in ownCloud 10:

I hope so too, but who knows…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.