Misc questions about OwnCloud desktop client (windows)

Hello, I have installed the desktop sync client n a windows 10 device (ver. 2.10.0 build 6519) and it seems to work really well, but during the initial sync of my owncloud account, I could see many files not being synced and I have some questions:

Problems 1 & 2:
→ Filename contains trailing spaces.
→ File names containing the character ‘?’ are not supported on this filesystem
Question:
I logged to owncloud (via web UI) and renamed the faulty files. How can I “force” the desktop client to resync these files? I tried clicking the 3-dots […] button under my account and clicked “Force sync now” but the files are still listed under “Not Synced”. Perhaps the files are already synced but can I “clean up” the list of not synced?? IMO this list should only list current issues not historically list them…

Problem 3:
→ Server replied with an error while reading directory ‘’ : Host not found
Question:
What is the meaning of this error message? The owncloud server is always reachable and the desktop client doesn’t provide more details or the name f the files that caused this error… How to troubleshoot this? Is this serious?

Thanks!

You can check with the debug log, with HTTP logging enabled. Here you can find more information:
Appendix Troubleshooting :: ownCloud Documentation

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.