Need help upgrading from 9.1.6 to 10.0.x

Hello,

I have OwnCloud 9.1.6 running on a Ubuntu 16.04 LTS server. It was installed with packages, so I understand I need to update it with packages. After a lot of hunting around I finally found the name of the repository to add, as I understand I have to bring v9 fully up to date before I can go to v10. However when I try to update it, I get an error that the repository isn’t trusted or some such. I didn’t see any instructions on how to add the key for the 9.1 repository. Would someone mind sending me instructions on how to fix that?

Also, once I’ve got v9 fully updated, can I go straight to the latest version of 10.0 or do I have to go 10.0.1, 10.0.2, etc?

I have a feeling this is my problem - Repository Keys expired today

Looks like the keys may have expired, causing the error I’m getting about the repository not being trusted.

While there might be some problem with the repo keys, that will have to get sorted, I can tell you some more about your other questions.

You should be able to directly upgrade to the latest version, as any 9.1, 9.0.9 and version 8.2.11 can directly upgrade to 10.2.1:

So, aside from possible repository problems, you should just be able to set your repository to the one documented here:
https://download.owncloud.org/download/repositories/stable/owncloud/index.html

And then upgrade, but please take a backup before you actually go ahead.

1 Like

Ah ok, the documentation I read said to update one at a time to each incremental. Going straight to the newest version will definitely be a lot easier and less time consuming. Using the production repository I was able to get a key that has not expired. I’m guessing maybe the key in the 9.1 repository has expired, which was causing my problem before (ref: the screenshot I posted in the other thread). I will try updating it to the latest version tonight.

2 Likes