No marketplace connection: cURL error 60: SSL certificate problem: certificate has expired

Hello,

when i go to the market i get an Error
“No marketplace connection: cURL error 60: SSL certificate problem: certificate has expired”
We have a valid certificate from Sectigo
i try a lot, deleting “DST Root CA X3” from the Chain but always not working.
Any idea how i get a connection to the market?

Server configuration

Operating system:
Linux
Web server:
Apache
Database:
MySQL
PHP version:

ownCloud version:
ownCloud 10.8.0 (stable)

1 Like

We’d need to know which exact distribution with version you are using.

I suspect it is a little older, e.g. Ubuntu 16.04 (which is EOL by the way).
Let’s Encrypt’s original root certificate recently expired (30/09) and now they are using a new one, which is not part of the certificate store of your distribution.
On still supported distributions you would have received an update to the certificate store package which would have shipped this new root certificate, however as 16.04 is EOL, there are no more package updates.

Running such an old distribution without extended support is really not recommended. Not for ownCloud. Not for anything. I would strongly suggest upgrading. Obviously take proper backups before and if you are time constraint for the amount of downtime, test it in a clone first to gauge how long your maintenance window should be.

1 Like

The distribution is Gentoo with the Version 2.1

Then I would recommend to update the certificate store. And install the new root certificate in there.

1 Like

My solution might work here also.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.