Only .txt files will upload

Hello, I'm trying to set up an own cloud server, however only .txt files will upload. I've tried many file types, and they appear to upload okay, however they don't show and if I check via FTP I can't see the uploaded files, only .txt files. I'll try and post as much information as I can, however my apologies in advance, I'm new to these forums and own cloud, any help would be greatly appreciated, I've looked up about this before however I can't find anything that sounds like my problem exactly, I read about having to make a cron job to scan files, but the files won't even upload or show on the server via ftp so I don't think this would make a difference

Steps to reproduce

1. Install Own cloud
  2. Upload various files (.png, .jpg, .pdf, .txt, .doc, .rar)

Expected behaviour

All files should upload to own cloud

Actual behaviour

Upload completes however only the .txt is uploaded, and the rest of the files cannot be found anywhere

Server configuration

Operating system: linux
Web server: apache 2.4.25
Database: mysql 5.6.39-cll-lve
PHP version: 5.6.30
ownCloud version: 10.0.7

List of activated apps:

Are you using encryption:
no

Hm, maybe try with out demo instance: demo.owncloud.org admin/admin
Or take the preconfigured Appliance https://owncloud.org/download/ it sounds very much like a server side configuration issue.

Maybe it can be related to php max upload size or something similar problem.

The demo works fine, however I have just checked the owncloud log file and it mentions PHP Intl a lot

{"reqId":"Wsglu5X-PKIAAHJeEI8AAAAG","level":3,"time":"2018-04-07T01:58:23+00:00","remoteAddr":"____","user":"--","app":"PHP","method":"GET","url":"\/index.php\/apps\/files\/","message":"You are using a fallback implementation of the intl extension. Installing the native one is highly recommended instead. at \/home\/xxxx\/xxxx\/lib\/composer\/patchwork\/utf8\/src\/Patchwork\/Utf8\/Bootup\/intl.php#18"}

Could this mean it's an issue server side with the PHP Extension, would this error cause this kind of issue?

thanks

Yes. You do need to install the intl package: https://central.owncloud.org/t/php-intl-moudle-not-install/11885