ownCloud 10.0.10. invalid email address

rfc-2822
hosting

email validation not work, all emails not valid
i cant create or update user …

This dont work, in the administration email test function i become (Error: Address in mailbox given [myname@] does not comply with RFC 2822, 3.6.2. the adress is valid and existend
myname@mydomain.com

Changing from username + email address to username + password does not work? I highly doubt this.

The fix for the error you are describing is in the next release ( 10.0.11).

an existend user cant change his email address??
the problem is the validate function ?

I cant also send an public link …

Do you know how to implement a patch if I give you one?

yes would have to be done

Here is the PR that fixes your error.

Here is the patch that you would have to implement with patch.

https://patch-diff.githubusercontent.com/raw/owncloud/core/pull/32961.patch

OK, it works well thanks for the quick help

No problem. Thanks for using ownCloud :slight_smile:

I am new in this, the system is setup on a shared host. can you guide me to solve the issue i cant add user anymore the email says is invalid. this is happening when i update the version to 10.0.10. Thanks in advanced

Hey,

you probably need to update to the latest 10.1.0 version of ownCloud which is (if i understand it correctly) including a fix for the issue discussed in this thread.

I cant find the update of 10.1.0. Can you link it please would be great. I have found it zip file. on the doc section to update it manually i doesn’t load. where i can get the documentations to make the upgrade please

Hey,

i think it could be a good idea to create a new thread about this new issue as it seems to me unrelated to the “invalid email address” topic discussed in this thread.

Ok thanks will do and i will delete this one thanks