ownCloud 10.0.10. invalid email address

email validation not work, all emails not valid
i cant create or update user …

This dont work, in the administration email test function i become (Error: Address in mailbox given [myname@] does not comply with RFC 2822, 3.6.2. the adress is valid and existend
myname@mydomain.com

Changing from username + email address to username + password does not work? I highly doubt this.

The fix for the error you are describing is in the next release ( 10.0.11).

an existend user cant change his email address??
the problem is the validate function ?

I cant also send an public link …

Do you know how to implement a patch if I give you one?

yes would have to be done

Here is the PR that fixes your error.

Here is the patch that you would have to implement with patch.

https://patch-diff.githubusercontent.com/raw/owncloud/core/pull/32961.patch

1 Like

OK, it works well thanks for the quick help

No problem. Thanks for using ownCloud :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am new in this, the system is setup on a shared host. can you guide me to solve the issue i cant add user anymore the email says is invalid. this is happening when i update the version to 10.0.10. Thanks in advanced

Hey,

you probably need to update to the latest 10.1.0 version of ownCloud which is (if i understand it correctly) including a fix for the issue discussed in this thread.

I cant find the update of 10.1.0. Can you link it please would be great. I have found it zip file. on the doc section to update it manually i doesn’t load. where i can get the documentations to make the upgrade please

Hey,

i think it could be a good idea to create a new thread about this new issue as it seems to me unrelated to the “invalid email address” topic discussed in this thread.

Ok thanks will do and i will delete this one thanks

Please, I have the same problem, you can show me how to apply this patch.?

Upgrade your ownCloud. 10.0.10 is way old and current ownCloud versions have this patch included.
If you need help with that please open another topic

1 Like