Owncloud 10 - share public only works for new users

Hello all,

Recently I upgraded my owncloud version to the latest version (10). I’m not quite sure if the previous one was the 8 or 9 version.

Everything is working ok apparently, except the share feature for users that came from the previous version (error message: Sharing is not allowed).
The new ones created from the latest version can work with the share.

So, this is not a folder permission issue or whatever. I believe that’s something on the database itself. Is not it?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,
DR

Could you write the whole message from the ownCloud log file or upload the log somewhere?

How did you upgrade?

Is this happening only to one existing share or for new created shares also?

Is this share on a local storage or on an external storage?

Hello Dmity,

Thanks for your feedback.

Answering your questions:
1 - The update was done manually (based on the online source).
2 - It’s happening for all the users that came from the previous version and for all folders. Only the new ones can play with the share functionality without problems.
3 - It’s local storage.

About the logs, I can share the most recent info. Hopefully, it will help.
(I can’t upload files - new users can’t apparently)
But I can’t see anything related to the share restriction.

Thanks again.

DR

----- LOG ----
{“reqId”:“W-qNgRrXfN3qJ3wHReLdrQAAAA8”,“level”:3,“time”:“2018-11-25T11:54:42+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“91.213.143.248”,“user”:"–",“app”:“no app in context”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:"/cron.php",“message”:“Exception: {“Exception”:“OCP\\Files\\NotFoundException”,“Message”:”\/files_trashbin\/files\/IMG_0427.JPG.d1542888955 not found while trying to get owner",“Code”:0,“Trace”:"#0 \/var\/www\/html\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/Files\/Filesystem.php(961): OC\\Files\\View->getOwner(’\/files_trashbin…’)\n#1 \/var\/www\/html\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/Preview.php(1241): OC\\Files\\Filesystem::getOwner(’\/files_trashbin…’)\n#2 [internal function]: OC\\Preview::prepare_delete(Array)\n#3 \/var\/www\/html\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/legacy\/hook.php(105): call_user_func(Array, Array)\n#4 \/var\/www\/html\/owncloud\/apps\/files_trashbin\/lib\/Trashbin.php(625): OC_Hook::emit(’\\\\OCP\\\\Trashbin’, ‘preDelete’, Array)\n#5 \/var\/www\/html\/owncloud\/apps\/files_trashbin\/lib\/Trashbin.php(664): OCA\\Files_Trashbin\\Trashbin::emitTrashbinPreDelete(’\/files_trashbin…’)\n#6 \/var\/www\/html\/owncloud\/apps\/files_trashbin\/lib\/Trashbin.php(801): OCA\\Files_Trashbin\\Trashbin::delete(‘IMG_0427.JPG’, ‘pedro.colarejo’, ‘1542888955’)\n#7 \/var\/www\/html\/owncloud\/apps\/files_trashbin\/lib\/Trashbin.php(761): OCA\\Files_Trashbin\\Trashbin::deleteFiles(Array, ‘pedro.colarejo’, -36376622555)\n#8 \/var\/www\/html\/owncloud\/apps\/files_trashbin\/lib\/Command\/Expire.php(56): OCA\\Files_Trashbin\\Trashbin::expire(‘pedro.colarejo’)\n#9 \/var\/www\/html\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/Command\/CommandJob.php(34): OCA\\Files_Trashbin\\Command\\Expire->handle()\n#10 \/var\/www\/html\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/BackgroundJob\/Job.php(57): OC\\Command\\CommandJob->run(‘O:33:\"OCA\\\\Files…’)\n#11 \/var\/www\/html\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/BackgroundJob\/QueuedJob.php(42): OC\\BackgroundJob\\Job->execute(Object(OC\\BackgroundJob\\JobList), Object(OC\\Log))\n#12 \/var\/www\/html\/owncloud\/cron.php(142): OC\\BackgroundJob\\QueuedJob->execute(Object(OC\\BackgroundJob\\JobList), Object(OC\\Log))\n#13 {main}",“File”:"\/var\/www\/html\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/Files\/View.php",“Line”:1717}"}
{“reqId”:“W-qNgRrXfN3qJ3wHReLdrQAAAA8”,“level”:3,“time”:“2018-11-25T11:54:43+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“91.213.143.248”,“user”:"–",“app”:“no app in context”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:"/cron.php",“message”:“Exception: {“Exception”:“OCP\\Files\\NotFoundException”,“Message”:”\/files_trashbin\/files\/IMG_0427.JPG.d1542888955 not found while trying to get owner",“Code”:0,“Trace”:"#0 \/var\/www\/html\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/Files\/Filesystem.php(961): OC\\Files\\View->getOwner(’\/files_trashbin…’)\n#1 \/var\/www\/html\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/Preview.php(1311): OC\\Files\\Filesystem::getOwner(’\/files_trashbin…’)\n#2 [internal function]: OC\\Preview::post_delete(Array)\n#3 \/var\/www\/html\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/legacy\/hook.php(105): call_user_func(Array, Array)\n#4 \/var\/www\/html\/owncloud\/apps\/files_trashbin\/lib\/Trashbin.php(633): OC_Hook::emit(’\\\\OCP\\\\Trashbin’, ‘delete’, Array)\n#5 \/var\/www\/html\/owncloud\/apps\/files_trashbin\/lib\/Trashbin.php(666): OCA\\Files_Trashbin\\Trashbin::emitTrashbinPostDelete(’\/files_trashbin…’)\n#6 \/var\/www\/html\/owncloud\/apps\/files_trashbin\/lib\/Trashbin.php(801): OCA\\Files_Trashbin\\Trashbin::delete(‘IMG_0427.JPG’, ‘pedro.colarejo’, ‘1542888955’)\n#7 \/var\/www\/html\/owncloud\/apps\/files_trashbin\/lib\/Trashbin.php(761): OCA\\Files_Trashbin\\Trashbin::deleteFiles(Array, ‘pedro.colarejo’, -36376622555)\n#8 \/var\/www\/html\/owncloud\/apps\/files_trashbin\/lib\/Command\/Expire.php(56): OCA\\Files_Trashbin\\Trashbin::expire(‘pedro.colarejo’)\n#9 \/var\/www\/html\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/Command\/CommandJob.php(34): OCA\\Files_Trashbin\\Command\\Expire->handle()\n#10 \/var\/www\/html\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/BackgroundJob\/Job.php(57): OC\\Command\\CommandJob->run(‘O:33:\"OCA\\\\Files…’)\n#11 \/var\/www\/html\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/BackgroundJob\/QueuedJob.php(42): OC\\BackgroundJob\\Job->execute(Object(OC\\BackgroundJob\\JobList), Object(OC\\Log))\n#12 \/var\/www\/html\/owncloud\/cron.php(142): OC\\BackgroundJob\\QueuedJob->execute(Object(OC\\BackgroundJob\\JobList), Object(OC\\Log))\n#13 {main}",“File”:"\/var\/www\/html\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/Files\/View.php",“Line”:1717}"}

Is the behavior same for all the ownCloud clients (web, mobile etc.)?

Yes.
I’m using the web client, however other users are using the desktop client.

I can suggest you scan all files with occ scan. You can see the usage of occ scan in here: https://doc.owncloud.org/server/10.0/admin_manual/configuration/server/occ_command.html#the-files-scan-command. It may repair the broken things.

Using those 3 commands didn’t solve the issue.
https://doc.owncloud.org/server/10.0/admin_manual/configuration/server/occ_command.html#the-repair-option