Steps to reproduce
- type in the url to the owncloud instance into the ios client configuration
I expect the iOS client will connect to the owncloud instance
The client returns the status "Server not found".
Mobile Safari browser connects without problem.
Web server: Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu)
Database: mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.6.36-82.0, for Linux (x86_64) using 6.0
PHP version: PHP 7.0.22-0ubuntu0.16.04.1 (cli) ( NTS )
ownCloud version: 9.1.6-1.1 from owncloud repository for ubuntu 16.04
Storage backend (external storage): local file system using ext4
iOS version: 10.3.3
ownCloud app version: 3.6.2
Device model: 6s plus
Web server error log / Owncloud log
no relevant logs, no errors of any kind show up in the log entries when I try to use the ios client to access the owncloud instance.
- owncloud sits behind an nginx ssl proxy
- access to the owncloud instance via https works without problems, no ssl errors or any other obvious problems
- no problem accessing it with mobile safari
when setting up the ios client:
- no errors show up in the owncloud apache error log
- no requests show up in the owncloud apache access log
- no requests show up in the nginx proxy access log
- no requests show up in the nginx proxy error log
accessing /status.php results in:
accessing /remote.php results in:
- path not found
I'm not sure if that last behaviour is correct or not.
At this point, I'm drawing a complete blank. Perhaps if I could find out what the ios client is testing before it says "server not found" then I might be able to debug the problem further.
Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.