Steps to reproduce
- Update from 10.3 to 10.4 stoped owncloud
- Error Alert was PHP 7.0 is not supported anymore
- Upgrade installed PHP 7.4 Owncloud alerted curl and intl is not listed
- I was not able to install PHP 7.3 so I purged php
- I updated to ubuntu 18.04 but I had bad dependencies from 16.04
repair of PHP an owncloud
at least all system crashed and now I have a new install of ubuntu 18.04
ubuntu 18.04 lts:
ownCloud version: (see ownCloud admin page)
I will install new from repository
Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install:
Where did you install ownCloud from:
Signing status (ownCloud 9.0 and above):
And now my question:
I have the mysql dump from owncloud and the data of config.php
Can I rebuilt the owncloud system with the restored owncloud.sql?
what data do I need from config.php to login - only passwordsalt or more?
Does anybody know how to recover owncloud with a mysql dump and the config.php.
Filedata I can recover later with sync.
What are the steps?
Install owncloud with empty database and then restore database and change config.php
or can I connect new owncloud with the restored database?
maybe reading the documentation which explains the restoring process of an ownCloud instance from a backup could answer this questions?
What kind of process are you expecting? What more other than:
- Restore DB
- Restore config.php
- Restore files
if restore old config.php complete owncloud will not run
There will be an error message why it doesn’t work. Read it, paste it here in a new topic if you don’t understand it, fix it.
I didn’t try it, because in the discription of owncloud restoreing is stated, that you may not change the instanceid. I tried in vibox:
- mysql create DB for owncloud and grant user for DB as it was before.
- install PHP7.3 and then install owncloud
- Start webpage owncloud and connect it to empty owncoud DB
- Then in admin log I set up the email account as before
- Stopped apache and did the mysql restore
- Change the passwordsalt in config.php
- Start apache an logged in as admin - worked
- Logged in as user with my old password - worked.
And now to the real server.