Owncloud WAN access

I’m looking for a simple describtion of how to make my OwnCloud server accessible from the internet.
I installed Virtualbox and loaded up the OVA image.
The server is up and running but I need to access it from the internet and the mobile app.

On the same host machine I have a Plex mediaserver running, and to make that accessible from outside is just a matter of opening up the relevant port in my router. It seems to be more complicated with OwnCloud… What to do?

Check how to set the virtual machine with a bridged network, that way you can access to the virtual machine (ownCloud in your case) from the outside. Your VM should get an IP address as if it’s a new computer in the host’s network

Thank you for your answer.
The network adapter for the virtual machine is set to “bridged”, and the VM gets an IP.
I forward ports 8080 and 443 to the VM but still can’t acces OwnCloud when I try using my external IP.
Is there anything else I have to do?

I don’t know if you can’t connect to the server due to some networking problem or you can connect but the server shows an error page… could you clarify?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.