Owncloud Windows: lost a whole album sync and can't re-add it

Hello

Updated:
I checked the cfg.backup and the 27 10 2023 it created a backup file when updating from 3.2.1 to 5.0.0.12278: this is the moment where ALL the mentions to the 0\Folders\2\ disappeared
But that’s weird because in the .owncloudsync.log of that folder, I get sync messages from this week
#=#=#=#=# Propagation starts 2023-11-12T21:30:08Z (last step: 230 msec , total: 230 msec)
#=#=#=# Syncrun finished 2023-11-12T21:30:08Z (last step: 12 msec , total: 242 msec)

At boot I saw that one sync folder is missing in the list.
I try to re add the folder and then I got the message “is used in a folder sync connection” So it knows it has been synchronizing that folder
On the server everything is fine

It also asks me to update to 5.1.2.12600 ; I do that but the missing folder is still not there and I still can’t add it again.

no log in the folder ownCloud-logdir

How can I safely recover the synchronization of that folder please?

Thank you

1 Like

I have the same issue on Linux on Version 5.2.0.12726. There was no client update, just a reboot.

Hello
Let me help you since there is so many helper here and no one cares about why suddenly a program removed an important part of its own config file:

Check The folder ..... is used in a folder sync connection! Please pick another one - #2 by michaelstingl
I have renamed all owncloud technical files in the local folder and re added that folder for sync

Hey,

i don’t think that this is true. :frowning_face:

But i think the community users (like me for example) in most cases just can’t help with a malfunction desktop client and instead it would require to make the development team aware of this (from what i know they are not regularly monitoring this community forum) similar to:

Sounds like:

Linked issues document a workaround how to fix it and today’s 5.2.1 might include a fix that prevents it from happening again:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.