PHP not compatible

Since last owncloud update I cannot log into Web-Interface. This error appears:
“This version of ownCloud is not compatible with PHP 7.3
You are currently running PHP 7.4.14-he.0.”
Therefor I changed PHPversion on server to 7.3 and than this error apperars:
“This version of ownCloud is not compatible with PHP 7.3
You are currently running PHP 7.3…”
What can I do? I do not have root access to the server.
It is a Debian Server.

Ask your hoster if they upgraded the PHP version.

All current versions of ownCloud support PHP 7.3 and 7.4, so if you had an up to date version of ownCloud installed you’d be fine.

So you need to update your ownCloud instance. As you are saying you don’t have root access and currently your ownCloud is unavailable so you can’t use the web updater.
There are two options:

• Ask the hoster to downgrade your PHP so you can use the web updater to update your ownCloud. If you are already on ownCloud 10 this is easy, otherwise follow the correct upgrade path. Once done they can upgrade your PHP again.
  • Export your current instance, upgrade it externally, reimport upgraded instance.

And finally, might not really be an option if you have too much data, basically start from scratch with a compatible version, recreating data, users and shares.

1 Like

First of all thanks for the quick reply. I have now commented out the version check in the corresponding configuration files and can now start the web interface again. Where exactly can I find the web-updater so that I can update my owncloud? thx HW

------ Originalnachricht ------

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.