Problem with deleted events in Calendar App

Hi Community,

I installed owncloud about half a year ago and I am very satisfied with it. But, at the moment, I have a big problem with the calendar app. It seems like it automatically deleted all my events older than 2018. Because I migrated all events since more than 10 years and I don’t have a backup, I’d like you to help me with the questions as follows:

1. Is it right that there is an auto-delete function in calender app?
  2. If 1) is true, how can I prevent past events to be deleted automatically?
  3. And most important: is there a way to restore deleted events or are they gone forever?

Thanks a lot,
kind regards,
Andreas

There is no auto deletion function any where - neither in the server nor in the calendar app.
Deleted events are gone - there is no trashbin functionality or similar available.

Thank you for your support. If you are absolutely sure, how could this happen? Maybe my mail client did it? Because I am 100% sure that I didn’t delete all events before 2018.

Technically speaking it could be any connected caldav client. Only backups help against such data loss scenarios.

Yeah, you’re right. But that’s a little to late for now.

I am using iOS on an iPhone and an iPad. They don’t delete anything. But with the usage of owncloud I started to use a new mail client: “eM Client”. But I cannot find anything that could have done this in the eM Client description / help section.

Maybe the sync client is just syncing the event from the current year? At least the android app davdroid i’m using has a setting to sync only the events from the past x days by default.

@tom42: Unfortunately I don’t see the events on the webpage and cannot find them in the database. Therefore I guess they are gone forever.

@beinaendi could you find the reason for this issue? I have the same problem too. :frowning:

I am using davdroid on my mobiles.