Purge owncloud server 10.4 and new install

I had owncloud server 10.4 on ubuntu 18.04 with mysql server 5.7 and did a upgrade to 20.04. Upgrade crashed everything accept my samba server. The upgrade tried to install mysql 8.0 but it stoped with errors. After 20.04 was running I purged mysql errors and installed mysql server 8.0 new. Owncloud can’t still connect to database.
Does anyone know if owncloud 10.5 is running with mysql server 8.0 and SHA256 Authentication.
What are the steps to purge crashed installation from ubuntu server?

For a fresh installation you need an empty config.php and an empty database. To delete and recreate the database owncloud run the following MySQL commands:

DROP DATABASE owncloud;
CREATE DATABASE owncloud;
1 Like

Sorry but it is not that easy. Because upgrade system crash I need to purge all, apt and dpkg. Otherwise I get an error by new install. E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten des Archivs /var/cache/apt/archives/owncloud-comple
te-files_10.5.0-2+4.1_all.deb (–unpack):
Versuch, »/var/www/owncloud/.htaccess« zu überschreiben, welches auch in Paket
owncloud-files 10.5.0-1+2.1 ist
dpkg-deb: Fehler: »einfügen«-Unterprozess wurde durch Signal (Datenübergabe unte
rbrochen (broken pipe)) getötet

If you don’t have anything else on that VM/or machine it might be faster for you to just reinstall.
Otherwise try apt-get -f install, or moving the file that is causing the problem somewhere out of the way.

1 Like

It was needed to delete the owncloud file list in var/lib/dpkg/info/
After that a complete new install was possible.
Next Problem can’t connect to Database.
So I had to create a database user with standard authentication.