Richdocuments cannot edit file since oC 10.7

Hello everyone !

Long time no see :slight_smile:

I’m running several instances of ownCloud 10.6 with master key encryption. Some of these ownClouds have the app richdocuments 2.4.1. Each ownCloud is connected to a collabora server and edition is running fine. I’ve upgraded my demo instance to ownCloud 10.7, the edition of document fails all the time, the richdocuments app is still in version 2.4.1.
oC 10.7 has changed on the encryption and the “open with” choice as stated here, so the problem might be from here.

Steps to reproduce

1. Try to edit a simple .txt file
  2. The file should open with richdocuments
  3. Edition should work

Expected behaviour

Well edition should work as it did in oC 10.6

Actual behaviour

The file won’t open and I’ll have an error saying that the file is corrupted, or has not a valid type. If I check the logs of collabora server here’s what I’ve got:

wsd-00007-15792 2021-04-19 08:28:55.496229 [ docbroker_0ca ] ERR Cannot download document from WOPI storage uri [https://xxx.com/index.php/apps/richdocuments/wopi/files/32883_ocyec746m299_0_0/contents?access_token=YYY&access_token_ttl=0]. Error: WOPI::GetFile [https://xxx.com/index.php/apps/richdocuments/wopi/files/32883_ocyec746m299_0_0/contents?access_token=YYY&access_token_ttl=0] failed:

Server configuration

Operating system: Devuan ascii

Web server: NGinx 1.18

Database: MySQL 5.7

PHP version: 7.4.13

ownCloud version: 10.7

Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install: updated from 10.6

Where did you install ownCloud from: tarball

Signing status (ownCloud 9.0 and above): all good

The content of config/config.php: not relevant since the config of richdocuments is in the database

List of activated apps: not relevant

Are you using external storage, if yes which one: local/smb/sftp/…

Are you using encryption: yes master key encryption

Are you using an external user-backend, if yes which one: nope

Let me know if you need more informations !
Thanks.

Hi @cs35 we can reproduce the problem, we are working now on the fix, we will provide you more information asap.

Thanks,
Carlos

3 Likes

Fix is in https://github.com/owncloud/richdocuments/pull/392

3 Likes

Hello @cdamken and @mrow4a

thanks for your fast answer and your work !
Any ETA on when it would be released officially ?
I guess I can do the hotfix directly but I’d rather prefer to update to an upcoming 2.4.2 or 2.5.0 of richdocuments.
Thanks again !

1 Like

We have to coordinate with the Collabora and our QA to make the official release, this could take about one week.

2 Likes

Alright @cdamken I’ll wait then !
Thanks again.

Hello,

good news everyone, version 2.5.0 with the fix concerning this issue is released.
I can’t find the update yet on the market, I guess it will be pushed soon.
Thanks !

EDIT: the market got updated yesterday, I could update all the instances, it works well ! On the plus side, the fix about the token expiration is also in 2.5.0 (it was such a hassle). Thanks again !

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.