Right+Click generates incorrect link to share since recent update

Mac OSX 10.13.3 High Sierra. Since a recent update to Version 2.4.0 (build 8836). Using ownCloud Desktop Client. When I Right+Click to generate and share a link, it incorrectly links to my CloudVault login page instead of directly to the file or folder. Lately, I've had to logon to Chrome (web browser), search for my file or folder to generate a correct link that will work.

Hey @LRSmith, the way you're describing it I think you might be seeing a "Private Link" in action (https://github.com/owncloud/client/pull/5763) - which is aimed at users of the same ownCloud instance that already share those files.

The public sharing dialog was redesigned for 2.4. to support multiple links; you can see it here in action:

As for the convenience of this, we've already hear from some users that would like and benefit from a shortcut directly on the files explorer context menu. We'll try to get it ready as soon as possible.

Does this sound right to you? Thanks for your report!

1 Like

You're correct. I’ve never seen the dialogue box you uploaded before!

So... if I right click and select “Share..." I now see I can get the dialog box. The link does appear to work correctly. Thank you for this. I do like that I can send multiple links too. I will select “Share...” to make sure I get the correct link.

In the past, I would Right+Click Select “Share private link to clipboard” or Send private link by email…" and paste it into an email. This use to work on both my Mac and PC but now no longer do.

Thank you for your prompt response alfageme

1 Like