See user name and email when sharing

Expected behaviour

Hi,
We are using owncloud with 2 AD domains and have same name users on both domains but different email addresses. As users are synced to owc from LDAP you see them the same when don’t see their email address so it’s hard to share to them from desktop app.

Actual behaviour

Share file to person and start typing name. Two or more the same names will popup (auto fill) without possibility to distinguish between them not seeing their details like email or so.

Steps to reproduce

1. Create two the same users with same names and different email addresses
  2. Try to share file with user name: two or more users will be seen on desktop client
  3. Pick the correct one

Client configuration

Client version: 2.4.3 (build 10347)

Operating system: Mac OS X

OS language: English

Hey,

i’m reading here since around one year and havn’t seen that any suggestions / feature requests posted here where picked up and made it into ownCloud. I think the main reason is that development isn’t happening at this forums but at the github repositories.

If you’re missing a functionality or want to suggest an improvement then i think its better to go directly to https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues

Hi @macz,

thank you very much for your feedback.

Latest ownCloud server versions have the option Extra field to display in autocomplete results in the sharing settings. You can add User ID or Email address to autocompletion.

Settings_-_ownCloud_Enterprise_Edition

I opened issues to have the same feature on the desktop and mobile clients:

1 Like

Cool, thanks :slight_smile: