Special characters showing html code in mail subject

Dear oC Community,

we have an ubuntu server 18.04.3 LTS that was installed in english and a german ownCloud.

When sharing a file including an email about that I receive Ä Ü Ö (and probably other special chars) as the HTML code (ä etc…).

Already installed more locale on the server as there was only en_XX.utf8s …

Any ideas how to fix this?

Best
norman

Hey,

this looks like quite sparse information. Maybe you can use the issue template which i’m getting presented when creating a new thread in this category?

I think others probably are better able to help you if you provide more information about your environment and excerpts of your logfiles (both asked in the mentioned template).

Dear tom42,

thanks for your reply. If I think it is necessary next time I will post more information. But to be honest the template is way too complex and asks a lot of things…
Anyways the issue has been resolved!

Yesterday I upgraded to the most recent version (10.3.0.4) and now the special chars are displayed correctly!

Hey,

the template seems indeed way too complex but i think the creators of this forums had added this to every post for good reasons.

In your post it seems the very basic information like the ownCloud version was missing (which is asked in the template as well) and the first suggestion from most readers of this forums probably would have been to upgrade to a more recent version which seems to be the solution for your problem as well.