Trouble while installing OwnCloud 9 on Centos

I'm trying to install OC9 on CentOS 7 with PHP 5.5 using MySQL. Problem in the initial setup-guide is that I can't establish a connection to the database. MySQL-User was created, database as well and rights like this:

GRANT ALL ON privatecloudDB.* to 'privateclouduser'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY '[ENTER_PASSWORD]';

Hosts for User are localhost and 127.0.0.1. When entering localhost in Host-Field in installer I get:

Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Permission denied.

When entering 127.0.0.1 in the Host-Field I get:

Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'privateclouduser’@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Has anyone an idea, why it's not working?

Server configuration
Operating system: CentOS 7 64 Bit
Web server: Apache 2.4
Database: MariaDB 10
PHP version: 5.5
ownCloud version (see ownCloud admin page): (9)
ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log, see https://central.owncloud.org/t/how-to-find-webserver-or-oc-logfile-enable-php-logfile/808): empty

Hi,

have a look at this thread:

where the issue about "Permission denied" was thoroughly discussed.

Thanks, but this didn't worked for me and I don't won't to provide there root credentials for MySQL. In my opinion it must work without, so with normal credentials ...

Tried it also with root. Same result ... :confused:

EDIT: Worked with root-account and Host: 127.0.0.1

Hi,

you don't need to worry in ownCloud as it won't use the root account but just will create a less-privileged user and use that one.

Yes, I know. Never the less, it is not the best way possible ...

It set the host to % which is effectively everything possible. Can I change this without getting trouble to 127.0.0.1?