UCS server + owncloud 10.2.1: problem owncloud is in maintenance mode

Till today i was a happy owncloud user, however now i am a bit worried.

Have owncloud running on UCS server, which was working fine.
Now after an update from 10.1 to 10.2.1 the owncloud client states the server is in maintenance.

I did already follow the instructions to go into the docker, run ./occ etcetera to update maintenance to false in config.php. restarted the whole server, however still maintenance mode.

Via the web i can login to all profiles/users, and it looks like all images are there.

Also i did a test with a webdav client, and found login fails via webdav.

Am i missing something?
thanks in advance.

Update: i got the below warnings can it be related?
Raw output

Array
(
[core] => Array
(
[INVALID_HASH] => Array
(
[resources/config/ca-bundle.crt] => Array
(
[expected] => 273c36f5742fce6c727ed529e7669da4b89a6cafa87e59437882afee183bdd04dae5685c97e5a0a2bf4d7bb5e178d7e1d5a678e72b328ef0f5d83d0f6042f139
[current] => 06955762362b5a4a82386767be5e8ef3c0e81405b0a0ddde631a44201d59aafbb3c47215523bb952f95fe74efb443813f4ecbde9dc0a751fc66db340d0a60053

Could you upload a screen shot of the clients error message?

And you can login in the webUI? Or is this not possible as well?

2 Likes

Dear Dmitry,

First of all thanks for taking the time to respond.
I run windows client 2.6 build 12644.
The error statement is in dutch, but translates to:
Server https://myurl/owncloud is temporarily unavailable

On mobile devices we use the nexcloud app version 3.9.0 and also on these the error is in dutch, translating to “Server is in maintenance mode”

I can login to the webUI, and for as far as i can test that one runs fine, including down and uploads.

I did catch some errors in the error log, but to me this is mostly abacadabra:
2019-11-27T17:05:36+00:00",“remoteAddr”:“xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx”,“user”:"–",“app”:“remote”,“method”:“OPTIONS”,“url”:"/owncloud/remote.php/dav/files/owncloud/",“message”:“Exception: {“Exception”:“Error”,“Message”:“Using $this when not in object context”,“Code”:0,“Trace”:”#0 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/legacy\/hook.php(105): OCA\\User_LDAP\\Helper::loginName2UserName(Array)\n#1 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/public\/Util.php(494): OC_Hook::emit(’\\\\OCA\\\\Files_Shar…’, ‘preLoginNameUse…’, Array)\n#2 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/User\/Session.php(396): OCP\\Util::emitHook(’\\\\OCA\\\\Files_Shar…’, ‘preLoginNameUse…’, Array)\n#3 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/User\/Session.php(356): OC\\User\\Session->isTwoFactorEnforced(‘USERNAME’)\n#4 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/dav\/lib\/Connector\/Sabre\/Auth.php(131): OC\\User\\Session->logClientIn(*** sensitive parameters replaced )\n#5 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/composer\/sabre\/dav\/lib\/DAV\/Auth\/Backend\/AbstractBasic.php(105): OCA\\DAV\\Connector\\Sabre\\Auth->validateUserPass( sensitive parameters replaced ***)\n#6 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/dav\/lib\/Connector\/Sabre\/Auth.php(247): Sabre\\DAV\\Auth\\Backend\\AbstractBasic->check(Object(Sabre\\HTTP\\Request), Object(Sabre\\HTTP\\Response))\n#7 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/dav\/lib\/Connector\/Sabre\/Auth.php(156): OCA\\DAV\\Connector\\Sabre\\Auth->auth(Object(Sabre\\HTTP\\Request), Object(Sabre\\HTTP\\Response))\n#8 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/composer\/sabre\/dav\/lib\/DAV\/Auth\/Plugin.php(201): OCA\\DAV\\Connector\\Sabre\\Auth->check(Object(Sabre\\HTTP\\Request), Object(Sabre\\HTTP\\Response))\n#9 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/composer\/sabre\/dav\/lib\/DAV\/Auth\/Plugin.php(150): Sabre\\DAV\\Auth\\Plugin->check(Object(Sabre\\HTTP\\Request), Object(Sabre\\HTTP\\Response))\n#10 [internal function]: Sabre\\DAV\\Auth\\Plugin->beforeMethod(Object(Sabre\\HTTP\\Request), Object(Sabre\\HTTP\\Response))\n#11 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/composer\/sabre\/event\/lib\/EventEmitterTrait.php(105): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#12 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/composer\/sabre\/dav\/lib\/DAV\/Server.php(466): Sabre\\Event\\EventEmitter->emit(‘beforeMethod’, Array)\n#13 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/composer\/sabre\/dav\/lib\/DAV\/Server.php(254): Sabre\\DAV\\Server->invokeMethod(Object(Sabre\\HTTP\\Request), Object(Sabre\\HTTP\\Response))\n#14 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/dav\/lib\/Server.php(294): Sabre\\DAV\\Server->exec()\n#15 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/dav\/appinfo\/v2\/remote.php(31): OCA\\DAV\\Server->exec()\n#16 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/remote.php(165): require_once(’\/var\/www\/ownclo…’)\n#17 {main}",“File”:"\/var\/lib\/univention-appcenter\/apps\/owncloud\/data\/custom\/user_ldap\/lib\/Helper.php",“Line”:199}"}
{“reqId”:“c90311db-c2a7-4ac9-9058-e3925a65102a”,“level”:3,“time”:“2019-11-27T17:05:40+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx”,“user”:"–",“app”:“PHP”,“method”:“PROPFIND”,“url”:"/owncloud/remote.php/webdav/",“message”:“Non-static method OCA\User_LDAP\Helper::loginName2UserName() should not be called statically at /var/www/owncloud/lib/private/legacy/hook.php#105”}
{“reqId”:“c90311db-c2a7-4ac9-9058-e3925a65102a”,“level”:4,“time”:“2019-11-27T17:05:40+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx”,“user”:"–",“app”:“webdav”,“method”:“PROPFIND”,“url”:"/owncloud/remote.php/webdav/",“message”:“Exception: HTTP/1.1 503 Error: Using $this when not in object context: {“Exception”:“Sabre\\DAV\\Exception\\ServiceUnavailable”,“Message”:“Error: Using $this when not in object context”,“Code”:0,“Trace”:”#0 [internal function]: {closure}(Object(Sabre\\HTTP\\Request), Object(Sabre\\HTTP\\Response))\n#1 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/composer\/sabre\/event\/lib\/EventEmitterTrait.php(105): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array)\n#2 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/composer\/sabre\/dav\/lib\/DAV\/Server.php(466): Sabre\\Event\\EventEmitter->emit(‘beforeMethod’, Array)\n#3 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/composer\/sabre\/dav\/lib\/DAV\/Server.php(254): Sabre\\DAV\\Server->invokeMethod(Object(Sabre\\HTTP\\Request), Object(Sabre\\HTTP\\Response))\n#4 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/remote.php(70): Sabre\\DAV\\Server->exec()\n#5 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/remote.php(169): handleException(Object(Error))\n#6 {main}",“File”:"\/var\/www\/owncloud\/remote.php",“Line”:68}"}

thanks in advance for your help

So we know about this error and have to fix it somehow.

Some users reported it in the univention forums.

Here is the workaround for now until we fix this issue.

After the upgrade of the user_ldap app

univention-app shell owncloud

rm -rf apps/user_ldap

Then you will be able to connect via sync client to owncloud

1 Like

Hi Dmitry,

Thanks for this guidance, all is in correct working order again!!

So happy its fixed.

We will release the 10.3.1 app soon. This will fix the problem and you won’t need this workaround.

1 Like