2. I copied new files/folders except config to owncloud directory

Expected behaviour

Tell us what should happen

When I open the URL, Owncloud should update

Actual behaviour

Tell us what happens instead

Aktualisierung auf 10.0.8
OC\RepairException: Upgrade is not possible

Reperaturwarnung:Market app is unavailable for updating of apps. Please update manually, see https://doc.owncloud.org/server/10.0/go.php?to=admin-marketplace-apps
Reperaturwarnung:You have incompatible or missing apps enabled that could not be found or updated via the marketplace.
Reperaturwarnung:Please install or update the following apps manually or disable them with: occ app:disable templateeditor
Reperaturwarnung:For manually updating, see https://doc.owncloud.org/server/10.0/go.php?to=admin-marketplace-apps
Detaillierte Fehlermeldungen
Update vorbereiten
Log-Level auf “debug” gesetzt
Wartungsmodus eingeschaltet
Reperaturwarnung:Market app is unavailable for updating of apps. Please update manually, see htt**://doc.owncloud.org/server/10.0/go.php?to=admin-marketplace-apps
Reperaturwarnung:You have incompatible or missing apps enabled that could not be found or updated via the marketplace.
Reperaturwarnung:Please install or update the following apps manually or disable them with: occ app:disable templateeditor
Reperaturwarnung:For manually updating, see htt**://doc.owncloud.org/server/10.0/go.php?to=admin-marketplace-apps
OC\RepairException: Upgrade is not possible
Das Update ist fehlgeschlagen. Bitte melden Sie dieses Problem an die ownCloud Community.

The last times I updated I never had any issue. This time I messed something up and I don’t know how to fix.

I tried to run occ in the owncloud dirtectory, but it didn’t change anything.

I tried to understand the error message above, looked up the links, but I don’t understand what to do.

Can anybody help?

Thanks and regards, mtm

As the log message says - you have apps installed which are not (yet) compatible with 10.0.8. So you must disable it first. Then run the upgrade again.

Thank you very much for your answer.
I’m trying to work with this app commands since this early morning and about to despair.
I’m in Putty and trying to run this commands, but I only get errors like command not found, no valid sudoers sources found and more.
I guess I have to run this occ some how, but can’t figure out how.
I have no idea about Linux. Can you tell me, how to run this?

Thanks and kind regards, mtm

If you are in Putty then you should be able to run occ. Navigate to the folder where ownCloud is - then you need to run the occ script.

You probably need to run it like this: ./occ status

Then you need to find out what your webserver users is, maybe www-data ?

You can run occ as www-data by doing sudo -u www-data ./occ

1 Like

Looks like this worked somehow. I had to change the access privileges for the occ file first, but then I got this message below.

The webserver user is an other problem I can’t solve so far. I don’t understand, what it is.
I learned that I can get it from the phpinfo.php file. I created one, but can’t run it in my owncloud directory. I tried it in other directory, where it runs. There I looked for the webserver user, but didn’t understand which of all the information is that specific user.
And still I guess I need this information from my owncloud directory.

The command sudo -u www-data ./occ does not work, I get:

# sudo -u www-data ./occ
sudo: unable to stat /etc/sudoers: No such file or directory
sudo: no valid sudoers sources found, quitting
sudo: unable to initialize policy plugin

I guess here the webserver user is wrong.

Can you tell me what to do next?

# ./occ status
Failed loading /usr/local/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_7.2.so:  /usr/local/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_7.2.so: undefined symbol: zend_ce_countable
The process control (PCNTL) extensions are required in case you want to interrupt long running commands - see http://php.net/manual/en/book.pcntl.php
ownCloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are available
You may use your browser or the occ upgrade command to do the upgrade
  - installed: true
  - version: 10.0.8.5
  - versionstring: 10.0.8
  - edition: Community
 #

then try ./occ app:disable templateeditor

1 Like

Thank you so much. This worked and I could run the update.

1 Like

This solution (occ app:disable templateeditor) also worked for me, but I wonder why this “app” is not compatible with 10.0.8??

Prior to 10.0.8 - the app templateeditor was “bundled” (included in the release tarball).

With the following steps by the OP

I deleted all files/folders in owncloud dirctory except of data and config
I copied new files/folders except config to owncloud directory

He thus deleted the application - and as in 10.0.8 the app no longer is included by default - the code for the app was missing and ownCloud could not validate that a compatible version of templateeditor is available.

ownCloud “self-heals” during an upgrade, if during the upgrade progress the marketplace can be contacted ( reachable via the connection, not forbidden by any configuration setting). In the case of the op - the marketplace was not reachable, otherwise the latest release for templateeditor would have been fetched (available here: https://marketplace.owncloud.com/apps/templateeditor ).

@ocuser007, I hope this clarifies the question - put into simple words: if the app code is not in any of the configured app folders, ownCloud will raise an error as it cannot validate that the app is available

2 Likes

@patrickjahns This is a really great summary on this topic. I had seen a lot user struggling on this topic where they did not understand why they need to disable a specific app. Maybe this could be a candidate for a FAQ or similar?

1 Like

@tom42

We are in the process of adding this to the release notes - https://github.com/owncloud/documentation/pull/4171
We will keep an eye to more reliably mention changes like this in the release notes to keep users / administrators up-to-date

1 Like

@patrickjahns That are great news and i think it helps a lot. Just an additional note, please correct me if i’m wrong:

From my understand this now documented specifically for this single templateeditor app but it could happen for any other app as well? I’m asking because i had seen this tweet a few days ago where a user had the same issue with another app as well:

So it indeed happens with other apps as well and even if the message is giving the note which apps to disable it looks to me that the other users don’t know what to do: