Update owncloud 8.2.7 to 9.1 through the center updates

Hello! Please tell me how to update owncloud 8.2.7 stable to 9.1 through tsenter updates?
Thank you!

You must upgrade to OC 9.0.4 first.

Due to some bugs in OC 9.1.0, I would wait a few days for the first bugfix release 9.1.1 which is expected next week.

Not sure, if the updater app properly manages the updates. Most reliable are manual upgrades:

• backup
  • delete everything except data/ and config/-folder
  • get archive from https://owncloud.org/changelog/ and extract into your owncloud-folder
  • open owncloud in your browser, or if you have ssh-access, run sudo -u www-data php /path/to/owncloud/occ upgrade

Thanks for the reply!

if I'm not mistaken, the version 9.0.4 has the status of beta!?
in any case, I have to go in order with the update: 8.2.7->9.0.4->9.1.0->9.1.1 right?
Thank you!

8.2.7 -> 9.0.3 -> 9.1.1

if you wait the next few days for the oC 9.1.1 release.

you are not wrong in version 9.0.3?
my update center no available version 9.0.3. if I choose channel about the beta, then I see that I am available to version 9.0.4(beta).
checked the other available channels for updates, but there for me there is no update.
thank you!

Sorry, that was a typo. I mean 9.0.4:

8.2.7 -> 9.0.4 -> 9.1.1

The "beta" channel doesn't mean that 9.0.4 is beta. That version is already stable but some one seems to be messing around with the update channels and breaking stuff.

1 Like

I will be updated after the release 9.1.1.
I wanted to ask, version 9.1.1 works fine with PHP 5.6?
Thank you!

oC 9.1.x should work from PHP 5.4 up to 7.0 without any issues.

Thanks for the answer!
Today has been updated to version 9.0.4, is now waiting for release 9.1.1 for further updates.
Thank you!

Hello! With the release of the new update 9.1.1 has decided to continue the further updatings from 9.0.4 to 9.1.0.

In the center of renovation choose the beta channel. Next, choose to open the update window.
a minute later I receive an error:

_[GuzzleHttp\Ring\Exception\ConnectException] _
cURL error 7: Failed to connect to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port 443: Connection timed out

Prompt please with what it can be connected?
How can it be cured?
Thank you!

Please create a new thread for this new issue.