Upgrade to 9.1.2.5 failed

I've been running the Owncloud 9.x series for quite some time. I've only used the official Owncloud repository as a source.

I upgraded last week to a version (I don't recall which one, but it was very incremental and I had no issues), then again today to 9.1.2.5.

After running the upgrade today, I am left with an unusable installation where the main page reads "Downgrading is not supported and is likely to cause unpredictable issues (from 9.1.2.5 to 9.1.1.3)".

My upgrade procedure today was:

$ apt-get update
$ apt-get upgrade
$ cd /var/www/owncloud
$ sudo -u www-data php occ upgrade --dry-run
$ sudo -u www-data php occ upgrade
$ sudo -u www-data php occ maintenance:mode --off

Server configuration
Operating system: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Web server: 2.4.7-1ubuntu4.13
Database: 5.5.53-0ubuntu0.14.04.1
PHP version: 5.5.9+dfsg-1ubuntu4.20
ownCloud version 9.1.2.5
Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install: Updated from older ownCloud
Special configuration (external storage, external authentication, reverse proxy, server-side-encryption): No special configuration

Hi,

as the message is telling you got somehow the 9.1.1 files. You need to research from where you got these and why.

I can say that, beyond a shadow of a doubt, I have only ever installed from the ownCloud repository. An upgrade last week was fine, the upgrade this week is broken in the way that I described.

I certainly did not intentionally downgrade. It currently appears that I have 9.1.2.5 installed, so I'm not sure which files are from 9.1.1.3.

None of the ownCloud tools are giving me any information that I can act on. The text 9.1.1.3 isn't visible to me anywhere in the installation (revealed by a crude text search of all files under /var/www/data).

I'm a little desperate to recover my data, so I just completely reinstalled ownCloud (leaving the mysql database alone). I copied my config and data directories from my old installation into the new /var/www/owncloud directory.

This yields the exact same results as stated above.

Any suggestions for things to try would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

the file /var/www/owncloud/version.php will tell you the current version of the code base.

The issue has been resolved, but I couldn't say what the problem was.

That file said version 9.1.2.5.

I was stepping through the PHP to see why it thought that the currentVersion was 9.1.1.3 (which is what it was printing to the screen), and oddly enough the code said that the installedVersion and currentVersion values matched.

I re-restarted apache, mysql, and memcached, and my web browser and voila, the message went away. I guess something got cached.

Sorry for the bother.

Thanks