Windows 10- 20175 - right mouse click - unable to create shareable link -

Expected behaviour

when I right-mouse-click on a file, I have been able to create a shareable link. Suddenly that functionality is not working. Is it related to new Windows (insider) build 20175?

Actual behaviour

Unable to create a shareable link

Steps to reproduce

1. Open standard File Explorer in Windows 10
2. See files
3. Right click on any folder or folder, no longer see the option to create a shareable link

Server configuration

Operating system: linux (unknown what linux)

Web server: owncloud brokrbindr com (a virtual server that I rent)

Database:

PHP version:

ownCloud version: 10.0.10

Storage backend (external storage):

Client configuration

Client version: 2.6.3 (build 13551)

Operating system: Windows 10 - “fast ring” Build 20175 which is NEW, updated yesterday night

OS language:

Qt version used by client package (Linux only, see also Settings dialog):

Client package (From ownCloud or distro) (Linux only):

Installation path of client:

Logs

Please use Gist or a similar code paster for longer logs.

Template for output < 10 lines

1. Client logfile: Output of owncloud --logwindow or owncloud --logfile log.txt

2. Web server error log:

3. Server logfile: ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log):

See video of the problem:

Seems no Explorer extensions are working in the video. Also overlay icons are missing. Here you can find some checks:
https://github.com/owncloud/client/wiki/Debugging-Overlay-Icons

2 Likes

Good day @michaelstingl. Thank you for your note, and for that very helpful link.

By going through the process indicated in that page, I was able to restore the OC icons that had been missing by correcting and reordering values in the Registry. I am now able to visually confirm that content has been synchronized to my OwnCloud account. That is real progress and I am very grateful!

Unfortunately the motivating problem remains unresolved. A right-mouse-click does not yet show the “create public link” option.

I recorded all the steps in the following video, but if you could be so kind to take a look at the video from only the 3-minute mark, you will see what I am seeing now.
https://owncloud.brokrbindr.com/index.php/s/ZvFGtXgSjPdgnsl

Any other ideas?

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Joe

1 Like

Unfortunately this problem remains unresolved. I’d be grateful for any assistance.

Still not working. Really inconvenient!