Windows Client is showing a message when the last file gets deleted

Hello,
I have several folders shared with several users. All of them are using the Desktop Sync Client for Windows. When a file is deleted and it was the last file in the shared folder, everyone get's an annoying message: "This sync would remove all the files in the sync folder '%1'. This might be because the folder was silently reconfigured, or that all the files were manually removed. Are you sure you want to perform this operation?".

I've found it in /src/gui/folder.css, the function is called "Folder::slotAboutToRemoveAllFiles(SyncFileItem::Direction, bool *cancel)".

Is there a possibility to disable this message?

Regards

Steps to reproduce
1. create shared folder and share it with 2 users
2. add a file
3. delete it

Expected behaviour
I think the current behaviour is just like it was intended but I want to get rid of this message for all(!) users.
So it's not a bug.... it's a feature.

Actual behaviour
Message is shown

Client configuration
Client version: 2.2.3 (build 6307)
Client operating system: Windows 10

Server configuration
Operating system:
Web server: Ubuntu 14.04
ownCloud version (see ownCloud admin page): ownCloud 9.1.0 (stable)
Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install: Updated

Ah, the reason for that is probably that your users do not have other files than the ones you shared with them in their ownCloud sync connection. Hmm.

Good thing that you should be able to avoid it by setting a config value in the config file:

promptDeleteAllFiles=false

The location of the config file is dependent on the platform on which your client runs and is documented in the client documentation.

Please let us know if that helps,

Klaas

1 Like

Thank you very much. I've added the command to the and it seems to work.
Is there a list of commands that can be added and are not in the GUI?

Greets

Hi,

a list of possible config file settings is available at the documentation:

https://doc.owncloud.org/desktop/2.2/advancedusage.html#configuration-file

1 Like