10.0.1 upload speed

Hello, I am running 10.0.1 on hyper-v Ubuntu 17.03 and cannot go over 30MB/s uploading one or multiple files for both app client and browser . Smb LAN test shows 105MB/s. Server based on local network

Can you reproduce that with other VMs?

Hi, yes, the same problem with another machine- one 2008R2 second 2012

So it's not an owncloud problem but A hyper-V problem? :slight_smile:

The same problem with another Hyper-V machine- the same owncloud child but different server (hardware)

Can you try virtual Box or another virtualizer?

I think in Hyper-V there is some expert settings to configure data transfer

Hi dmitry,
I nmeed to run it on Hyper-V, I just checked upload over webdav mapped to my Windows pc and it run 130MB/s
so must be something wrong with drag and drop over browser

actually not true. When 99% server start uploading-processing. This takes ages.
I've built owncloud locally thought it will allow me to upload files very quickly. I could just go for any gdrive or onedrive. It is still not ready for professional work.

So to sum up your problem:

owncloud in Hyper-V does not upload fast enough. Via Browser (which one?) or Sync Client?

If you build owncloud locally ( on your server I assume ) It goes fast, or not?

upload is NOT fast enough on chrome, firefox, edge, sync client.
It is run locally. 7 Hyper-v servers are 2 floors below me, another 3- next building.

I have seen reports from colleagues referencing network performance issues in Hyper-V. They were not running ownCloud, but their symptoms were low throughput just as described here Their issues were always resolved within the Hyper-V network fabric settings. I don’t support Hyper-V, so I don’t recall the specifics. Find them and you should be able to clear your problem.

You’ll still have the issue of running your ownCloud on an unsupported post end of life version of Ubuntu that you will really want to address as well once you get the virtual network fixed.

1 Like