403 Forbidden Error When Uploading SSL Certificate to OwnCloud on Docker

I’m encountering a 403 Forbidden error when trying to upload an SSL certificate to my OwnCloud server running in a Docker container. I’ve taken several steps to resolve this without success, and I’m looking for assistance to identify and fix the underlying issue.

89.7.216.10 - - [07/Dec/2023:11:49:12 +0000] “POST /settings/admin/certificate HTTP/1.1” 403 749 “-” “Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/119.0.0.0 Safari/537.36”

Issue: When attempting to upload an ASCII-encoded PEM SSL certificate through the OwnCloud admin interface, I receive a 403 Forbidden error. The error message suggests an issue with the file format or encoding, but I’ve verified the certificate is correctly formatted.

Steps taken: Adjusted file permissions of the OwnCloud directory to www-data:www-data. Restarted the Docker container after changing permissions. Checked .htaccess in the OwnCloud directory, which doesn’t seem to have any restrictions that could lead to a 403 error. Reviewed Apache configuration files (apache2.conf, default.conf) within the Docker container for any potential misconfigurations.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.