A wee snag with upgrading to 10.0.4 from 9.1.5

Was upgrading from 9.1.5 to 10.0.4 using the package installer and ran into a problem.

Repair warning: The file cache contains entries with invalid path values for the following storage numeric ids: 1 48 4
Repair warning: Please run occ files:scan --all --repair to repairall affected storages or run `occ files:scan userid --repair for each user with affected storages

So I then ran these commands:
sudo -u www-data php occ maintenance:mode --off
sudo -u www-data php occ maintenance:singleuser --on
sudo -u www-data php occ files:scan --all --repair

However after 20 minutes it was still at 0% suggesting that this process was going to take a very long time. (We do have quite a bit of data so this is not surprising)

A few quesitons that maybe you might be able to help me with :slight_smile:
1. Do storage numeric ids: 1 48 4 point to 3 files with those numeric ids?
2. If yes what command do you execute to find these files?

Perhaps we don't need them is what I am thinking...

Thank you for taking time to read this post. Any ideas or comments you have are most welcome.

Ian

Do storage numeric ids: 1 48 4 point to 3 files with those numeric ids?

No, those ids points to 3 different storages, each one containing different files.

The "oc_storages" table have those ids. You might check what storage has that id, and based on that check what users can access to that storage.
The "oc_filecache" table also contains a reference to the storage, so you can check what files are inside that specific storage.

Once you know what users are using that specific storage, you can scan and repair the storages of only that user. Hopefully that should be faster than checking the storages of all users.

I'm not sure but maybe its also better to update directly to 10.0.7 instead of the older 10.0.4?

Thanks guys. Very useful.