"Abort" or "you don't have permission to upload or create files here" notifications

Steps to reproduce

1. Connect to 192.168.server.ip/owncloud
  2. Login as admin
  3. Drag and drop a file from my pc to the root folder, or try to create a new folder

Expected behaviour

The file should be uploaded or the folder should be created

Actual behaviour

• If the file is over around 8Mb, a notification saying “abort” pops up
  • If the file is under around 8Mb, a progress bar fills up and when complete, a notification saying “You don’t have permission to upload or create files here”
  • If you tried to create a new folder, a notification saying “Unable to create folder ‘asdf’”

Server configuration

Operating system: Linux raspberrypi 5.10.17

Web server: Apache 2.4.38 (Raspbian)

Database: MySQL

PHP version: 7.3

ownCloud version: 10.6.0.5

Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install: Fresh install

Where did you install ownCloud from:
I used this link : wget htt ps://download.owncloud.org/community/owncloud-10.6.0.tar.bz2
from this tutorial : htt ps://doc.owncloud.com/server/10.6/admin_manual/installation/quick_guides/ubuntu_20_04.html

Signing status (ownCloud 9.0 and above): Not sure what this means

No errors have been found.

The content of config/config.php: see next
List of activated apps:
This is the generated config report :

Are you using external storage, if yes which one: No, but I have moved the data storage directory to a USB hard drive plugged into the Pi. To do so I followed this tutorial :
htt ps://doc.owncloud.com/server/admin_manual/maintenance/manually-moving-data-folders.html

Are you using encryption: do not know

**Are you using an external user-backend, if yes which one:**No

Client configuration

Browser: Google Chrome Version 88.0.4324.190

Operating system: Windows 10

Logs

Web server error log

[Mon Mar 08 16:19:40.803740 2021] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 2215] AH00163: Apache/2.4.38 (Raspbian) OpenSSL/1.1.1d configured -- resuming normal operations
[Mon Mar 08 16:19:40.804062 2021] [core:notice] [pid 2215] AH00094: Command line: '/usr/sbin/apache2'

ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log)

Browser log

I don’t know how to get those things

Insert your browser log here, this could for example include:

a) The javascript console log
b) The network log 
c) ...

Thanks in advance !

Hey,

i have seen the following in your log file:

{"reqId":"P24kefQbfuOBs2SqhnuM","level":3,"time":"2021-03-08T15:18:44+00:00","remoteAddr":"192.168.1.254","user":"admin","app":"no app in context","method":"GET","url":"\/owncloud\/ocs\/v2.php\/apps\/notifications\/api\/v1\/notifications?format=json","message":"User backend OC\\User\\Database is returning home: \/media\/pi\/external_drive\/owncloud_data\/data\/admin for user: admin which differs from existing value: \/media\/www\/pi\/external_drive\/owncloud_data\/data\/my_user\/files"}

Could it be possible that you have moved the data directory of ownCloud after the installation without following the documentation provided by the ownCloud people here:

https://doc.owncloud.com/server/admin_manual/maintenance/manually-moving-data-folders.html

Hi tom42, thanks for your reply.
I have indeed followed the “manually moving data folders” documentation to do this, but I messed up the step " Update the oc_accounts Table"
I have edited the oc_accounts table to match what the backend is expecting (/media/pi/external_drive/owncloud_data/data/admin)
and it works perfectly now, thanks a lot for your help you legend !

1 Like

This is great, very happy that you were able to get this sorted out. :grinning:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.