Advice with strange Firefox Login behaviour noticed in OwnCloud logs

Hi,

First off, I really don't think this is an owncloud problem becuase it's only happening in Firefox (not Chrome or IE). But, I can't get any hints anywhere else, so I'm trying here.

After enabling fail2ban on my OwnCloud server (9.1.3 stable), I started getting locked out for no apparent reason.

Looking in the logs I noticed that every time I refresh the OwnCloud login page (no data in the login form - not even a remembered username) I see 2 attempts to login to owncloud as administrator. A sample log output is below:

{"reqId":"m..notsureifthisnumisimportant-obscuring..","remoteAddr":"my.local.wks.ip","app":"core","message":"Login failed: 'administrator' (Remote IP: 'my.local.wks.ip')","level":2,"time":"2017-01-29T07:50:53-05:00","method":"GET","url":"\/index.php\/login","user":"--"}
{"reqId":"R..notsureifthisnumisimportant-obscuring","remoteAddr":"my.local.wks.ip","app":"core","message":"Login failed: 'administrator' (Remote IP: 'my.local.wks.ip')","level":2,"time":"2017-01-29T07:50:54-05:00","method":"GET","url":"\/index.php\/core\/js\/oc.js?v=2..notsureifthisnumisimportant-obscuring..","user":"--"}

I thought that maybe Firefox was trying to pass my windows authentication through to owncloud, but I do not log into my workstation as administrator.

I have no idea where this authentication attempt as administrator is coming from. Any ideas?

At the moment I'm disabling all plugins, etc, but wanted to post the question here in parallel in case I get lucky and someone has an idea.

After clearing the FF cache (and disabling some plugins - which I don't think were the problem. Still testing) the strange login attempts are gone.

It's a bit unnerving that I don't know exactly why my browser was trying to authenticate to OwnCloud as administrator, but it's not doing it anymore.

Not a very appropriate post for this forum. Sorry. I'd delete it if I could.

Yea I had the same problem as you, however like you mentioned, I cleared the cache and now it all works fine.