Always logged out 5 sec after login

Steps to reproduce

1. Download Installation package owncloud-10.3.1.zip
  2. Extract ZIP archive
  3. Upload files to webserver
  4. Open URL in web browser
  5. Setup admin credentials and database
  6. Complete installation. No error messages so far, everything seems OK.
  7. Log in using previously defined admin credentials

Expected behaviour

I expect kind of a Owncloud dashboard or backend to be displayed where I can manage users and settings.

Actual behaviour

Owncloud dashboard or backend appears for a few seconds. The following message is displayed on top of the page:
«Failed to request notifications. Please try to refresh the page manually.
Problem beim Laden der Seite, Seite wird in 5 Sekunden nochmals geladen»

After a few seconds the page is refreshed automatically and I am being logged out. After logging in again, the same procedure happens.

Server configuration

Operating system: Linux

Web server: Linux

Database: Maria-DB MySQLi

PHP version: 7.3

ownCloud version: 10.3.1

Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install: fresh install

Where did you install ownCloud from: from my PC

Signing status (ownCloud 9.0 and above): I do not know since I am not able to login

The content of config/config.php:

<?php $CONFIG = array ( 'instanceid' => 'oc4ev9q438pe', 'passwordsalt' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx', 'secret' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx', 'trusted_domains' => array ( 0 => 'owncloud.mydomain.ch', ), 'datadirectory' => '/home/sites/2b/7/7c2cb5703d/owncloud/data', 'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://owncloud.mydomain.ch', 'dbtype' => 'mysql', 'version' => '10.3.1.1', 'dbname' => 'xxxxxxxx', 'dbhost' => 'shareddb-g.hosting.stackcp.net', 'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_', 'mysql.utf8mb4' => true, 'dbuser' => 'xxxxxxx', 'dbpassword' => 'xxxxxxxxx', 'logtimezone' => 'UTC', 'apps_paths' => array ( 0 => array ( 'path' => '/home/sites/2b/7/7c2cb5703d/owncloud/apps', 'url' => '/apps', 'writable' => false, ), 1 => array ( 'path' => '/home/sites/2b/7/7c2cb5703d/owncloud/apps-external', 'url' => '/apps-external', 'writable' => true, ), ), 'installed' => true, ); **List of activated apps:** None, since I have not been able to login so far. **Are you using external storage, if yes which one:** no **Are you using encryption:** yes **Are you using an external user-backend, if yes which one:** no ### Client configuration **Browser:** Firefox 71 **Operating system:** Windows 10 Home ### Logs #### Web server error log ``` It does not contain anything related to Owncloud. ``` #### ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log) ``` The file owncloud.log is empty. ```

Can you check permissions on the PHP sessions folder? This is often related to problems logging in.

1 Like

Thank you. Which is the PHP session folder? And which permissions should I set?

This depends on your installation, I think in a standard Ubuntu installation it is in /tmp and you can change it in your php.ini. But I noticed in your output something mentioning shared hosting, so it can be vastly different.

Shared hosting environments are always very difficult, and it is hard to tell whether ownCloud is going to work on them. They are definitely not officially supported. This doesn’t mean you can’t try, but you have to be aware that you’re going to be pretty much on your own.

1 Like

Thank you again. I am giving up «Owncloud». I just tried «Nextcloud» and this works fine.