Any way to stop/disable update?

Steps to reproduce

1. There are newer version on Owncloud version
  2. Link to upgrade shown in user pages
  3. some click it and all system stop

Expected behaviour

Normally when update failed on check, we can still use the server software instead locking all feature and always redirect to upgrade screen.

Actual behaviour

SO technically there are newer version of Owncloud server (10.5.0), my company Owncloud shown an update alert on top, and someone click that link, then whole system locked to update screen. Everyone cannot access their files via web interface.
Even me(admin) cannot do anything.
Why not upgrading instead? Because There are warning “OC\RepairException: Upgrade is not possible” after that, I refresh the page, kill my session, relogin, I keep back to that screen.
This is 2nd time it occurred, first time I have to replace with my source backup.
My question is there are any way to disable that alert or how to make my server app GUI accessible again ?

Server configuration

Operating system: Ubuntu 20.04

Web server: Apache2

Database: MySQL(AWS RDS)

PHP version: 7.4.3

ownCloud version: (I forget, and I can’t login, but I’m quite sure its still 10)

Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install:

Where did you install ownCloud from: Pacakge from owncloud, manually install

Signing status (ownCloud 9.0 and above): Cannot go to given URL, redirect back to upgrade screen

Are you using external storage, if yes which one: AWS S3

Are you using encryption: No

Are you using an external user-backend, if yes which one: Nope

Client configuration

Browser: Chrome

Operating system: Widnows, Linux, MacOS

Logs

No error

ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log)

{"reqId":"pAvOXbrQM8eraRpkabxs","level":3,"time":"2022-07-07T15:50:05+00:00","remoteAddr":"xx.xx.xx.xx","user":"--","app":"core","method":"GET","url":"\/core\/ajax\/update.php?requesttoken=SxUUITxOKk4iFFpVBREZPzIlbjJddzRLTD8cADAnSTA%3D%3AxLBHV7o8kc6gSCtpDk6U92Q1xUZGYW0ga19i1RMIHgU%3D","message":"Exception: {\"Exception\":\"OC\\\\RepairException\",\"Message\":\"Upgrade is not possible\",\"Code\":0,\"Trace\":\"#0 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Repair.php(90): OC\\\\Repair\\\\Apps->run()\\n#1 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Updater.php(219): OC\\\\Repair->run()\\n#2 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Updater.php(111): OC\\\\Updater->checkAppsCompatibility()\\n#3 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/core\\\/ajax\\\/update.php(189): OC\\\\Updater->upgrade()\\n#4 {main}\",\"File\":\"\\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Repair\\\/Apps.php\",\"Line\":219}"}

Hello,

if I understood well, you’d like to disable the ability to update ownCloud from its web interface, I stumbled upon this a while ago, and here’s how I fixed it.

Edit your config.php and add these lines:

'upgrade.disable-web' => true,
  'upgrade.automatic-app-update' => false,
  'updatechecker' => false,
  'updater.server.url' => '127.0.0.1',

This would prevent any upgrades from the web interface.

And I advise that you upgrade it from the CLI.
I think your repair problem comes from the apps, I suggest you disable them one by one until ownCloud’s interface gets accessible.

Cheers.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.