Appliance: Trying to force HTTPS only

Probably a newbie pilot error here but I need some help. I have Owncloud setup (and running, yay!) using the appliance version on VirtualBox. I have external access setup and can access my Owncloud via the Android app (or browser) on my phone from outside the LAN. I want to force HTTPS and see in the notes to run this command on the UCS server:
ucr set apache2/force_https=yes
I can log into the server using the administrator account but when I enter this command I get an error saying -bash usr command not found.

Am I entering this wrong or in the wrong place?
Thanks!

Hey,

the command is called ucr:

but it seems the message you are getting is referring usr:

1 Like

Sorry…typo. The error is “ucr”.

Bonus question on this one:
From an external location if I navigate to my URL without “/owncloud” I land on the UCS home screen. Is there a way to prevent the default web page from coming up so I don’t have a login screen just sitting there for anyone to hammer? Thanks again!

Have you thought about reading the official docs first and then asking questions in the forum?

doc.owncloud.com

Yes, of course I have read the docs. That’s is how I got where I am. The documentation is difficult to follow so if I missed something I apologize. I thought this was a user to user support forum and it would be appropriate to ask questions here…

1 Like

Ah, I thought it’s in the docs. Sorry. Need to add that to the docs.

ucr set apache2/startsite=/owncloud
service apache2 restart
2 Likes

Thanks dmitry. I gave up on the CLI since it kept giving bash errors even though I could type man ucr or man service and it worked fine. I must have been in the wrong place to run the command. In any case I realized I have the whole Univention portal at my disposal so I went into the configuration module, made the two changes I needed then into the services module and restarted the apache server. All is good now! I have my Owncloud setup and accessible via only https from the outside world with the default browser hitting the Owncloud login instead of Univention. Thanks!