Automatic updating is disabled ?!?

it’s already the second time that in one UCS owncloud system when i disable and then enable some apps in the administration panel( activity and Brute-Force Protection ) the system get be unavailable and show this error :

for each times i must restore the owncloud system from the snapshot of esxi … whats mean ?

Thanks

Is it possible that you have an incomplete update that you never completed for OC?

I’d try to update to the current version of OC manually and see if that fixes the issue.

1 Like

thanks for your reply, i have installed owncloud with UCS system in the App Center i had never do any update after the installation, there is not any update to do at this moment

What version of owncloud are you using? Can you provide more the environment it is running in?

owncloud 10.7.0 (stable) Univention Corporate Server 4.4-8 errata983.

I’ll try to be more clear. When you posted this initial post, it asked you for a whole bunch of information that is useful in troubleshooting.

Can you share more? See below.

Steps to reproduce

Expected behaviour

Tell us what should happen

Actual behaviour

Tell us what happens instead

Server configuration

Operating system:

Web server:

Database:

PHP version:

ownCloud version: (see ownCloud admin page)

Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install:

Where did you install ownCloud from:

Signing status (ownCloud 9.0 and above):

Login as admin user into your ownCloud and access 
http://example.com/index.php/settings/integrity/failed 
paste the results into https://gist.github.com/ and puth the link here.

The content of config/config.php:

'admin' -> 'Generate Config Report' -> 'Download ownCloud config report'
This report includes the config.php settings, the list of activated apps
and other details in a well sanitized form.

or 

If you have access to your command line run e.g.:
sudo -u www-data php occ config:list system
from within your ownCloud installation folder

*ATTENTION:* Do not post your config.php file in public as is. Please use one of the above
methods whenever possible. Both, the generated reports from the web-ui and from occ config:list
consistently remove sensitive data. You still may want to review the report before sending.
If done manually then it is critical for your own privacy to dilligently
remove *all* host names, passwords, usernames, salts and other credentials before posting.
You should assume that attackers find such information and will use them against your systems.

List of activated apps:

If you have access to your command line run e.g.:
sudo -u www-data php occ app:list
from within your ownCloud installation folder.

Are you using external storage, if yes which one: local/smb/sftp/…

Are you using encryption: yes/no

Are you using an external user-backend, if yes which one: LDAP/ActiveDirectory/Webdav/…

LDAP configuration (delete this part if not used)

With access to your command line run e.g.:
sudo -u www-data php occ ldap:show-config
from within your ownCloud installation folder

Without access to your command line download the data/owncloud.db to your local
computer or access your SQL server remotely and run the select query:
SELECT * FROM `oc_appconfig` WHERE `appid` = 'user_ldap';

Eventually replace sensitive data as the name/IP-address of your LDAP server or groups.

Client configuration

Browser:

Operating system:

Logs

Web server error log

Insert your webserver log here

ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log)

Insert your ownCloud log here

Browser log

Insert your browser log here, this could for example include:

a) The javascript console log
b) The network log 
c) ...

Can you try to go onto your server and find out the CONTAINER ID for your ownCloud container via docker ps.

After that you can go into the container with docker exec -it CONTAINER_ID bash.
Then execute occ upgrade.

1 Like

root@gggggggg: /var/www/owncloud # occ upgrade
ownCloud is already latest version

I think the problem is that the same ownCloud apps are duplicated on the system in two locations. For example under apps and at the same time also under custom or apps-external. Can you look into these folders and check if app folders are duplicated? Delete then so that only one remains, in doubt of course the one that was created last. After that you can run occ upgrade again.

1 Like

sorry for the late

in the /var/www/owncloud/custom there are this apps

brute_force_protection files_pdfviewer files_texteditor onlyoffice

ad exception of brute force protection all the other apps are present also is /var/www/owncloud/apps

i have also checked in other installation of UCS with Owncloud that i did and in all the apps present in the under the custom are olso present under apps …i do not think that are duplicate but only the list of all apps available and the installed apps

There is an ownCloud issue on github which did not receive any updates in over a year. I added a comment which might raise developers’ interests.

2 Likes

I just ran into the same issue and a restart of the docker container fixed it. Maybe that helps others as well.

1 Like

thanks … in fact when the issue happens the restart of the docker container permit to get owncloud online

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.