Automatically add news users to specific group

Hello owncloud

New users register themselves the first time by connecting to owncloud with their imap accounts. They have their owncloud accounts automatically created, I don't create the users myself. I would like for these automatically created accounts to be automatically added to a specific group. Is there a way for me to do this ?

Are you using an IMAP account user backend or do you mean the Provisioning API when you say "automatically"? Via Provisioning API you can do that, otherwise the group would need to be in IMAP and the group would need to be transfered using the app you use to support that ...

Are you using an IMAP account user backend or do you mean the Provisioning API

I am using the IMAP account user backend and I don't really know if IMAP has a notion of user groups ? I am not using any app, I am using owncloud as a system administrator, I am not developing an app for owncloud if that helps clarifying my question.

So the only way I see would be to use the Provisioning API to assign users to certain groups after you do realize from the log files that they were created ...