Bookmark app bookmarklet not working for "other" websites

Steps to reproduce

1. Drag bookmarklet to browser bookmark bar
  2. Go to an external website
  3. Click on the bookmarklet

Expected behavior

Open the popup window to save a bookmark

Actual behavior

Opens a popup windows containing a login form and signs me out of my main tab on any website other than my domain name.

Example: if I am on the page “https://my-domain/index.php/apps/calendar/” the popup bookmark window will work normally. If I am on the page www.google.com the popup window will be a login screen.

Server configuration

Operating system:
Ubuntu 20.04

Web server:
Apache/2.4.41

PHP version:

ownCloud version:

Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install:
Updated from 10.7.something

index.php/settings/integrity/failed returns:
“No errors have been found”

Client configuration

Browser:
Brave and Firefox

Operating system:
Ubuntu 20.04.2

Thank you for that info!

To be honest, I didn’t use the bookmarklet for a long time. But I’m quite sure it was working before as expected. For now, I’m prompted for credentials on every use of the bookmarklet, and I’m logged out of ownCloud in the other tab. Weird!

As I haven’t touched the bookmarklet for a long time, I assume that is the result of some kind of newer security thing in ownCloud or in the browser.

Maybe I’ll have a more in-depth look into it.

1 Like

Meanwhile, I know it was working (more or less) with ownCloud 10.6. But even with 10.6, the login gets lost, you have to login again for each bookmark, even if you are logged in another tab. I’m quite certain this was working before, but it might also be related to a newer Firefox version.
The searching continues… :unamused:

1 Like

Thank you for looking into this.

1 Like

Just keeping the topic from closing. I would really like to use the bookmark feature.

Same here. But I’m afraid it’s out of my options to fix this. I’m so sorry.

Meanwhile, you could try using the API for adding bookmarks.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.