I've been using Xmarks for years now, and we just received announcement that it's going to be stopped next month.
Instead of complaining, I thought that it is the opportunity to switch to Owncloud/Bookmark : privacy and data ownership has always been of my concern (and the Xmarks Cloud had always been a pain to me, so...)
But I need a solution that works like Xmarks did:
1. add-on for FF/Chrome (optionally IE) that sync embedded bookmarks with a central repository
2. a central repository in my OwnCloud instance
I think I found the add-on (topic #1 above) : Floccus (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/floccus/).
But it needs NextCloud + Bookmark version > 0.11
Sad for OwnCloud...
So: what are the options ?
* is Bookmark 0.11 back-ported to OwnCloud going to answer the need of working with Floccus add-on (key question !) ?
* if it does, is there anyone going to back-port Bookmark from NextCloud to OwnCloud (@ganomi or somebody else ?)
* is there any other solution to replace Xmarks fonctionality ?
* ... ?
Thanks for your feedback