Broke my test instance, status.php giving Access Denied

Been trying to get by test instance up and running. As well as Owncloud it also has Zabbix (monitoring software). I got owncloud setup but when I tried to install zabbix it somehow broke the web back-end (the sync client works fine.

When I go to status.php I get:

ownCloud
* Access denied
ownCloud – web services under your control

Not sure where to look as the logfile seems to be accessible via the web interface;(.

Server configuration (added to post as i forgot this)
Operating system: Ubuntu 15.10 / Web server: apachie2 2.4.12
Database: MariaDB 10.0.25 / PHP version: 5.6.11
ownCloud version: 9.1.0 (clean install)

ownCloud – web services under your control

Normally you can find your log file in the data folder of your owncloud installation (for example /var/www/owncloud/data on a standard linux ubuntu installation).

Some more informations like Operating System, web server software etc might be helpfull

Sorry, yes

Server configuration
Operating system: Ubuntu 15.10 / Web server: apachie2 2.4.12
Database: MariaDB 10.0.25 / PHP version: 5.6.11
ownCloud version: 9.1.0 (clean install)

owncloud.log in the data directory is empty. Is there a way of reinstalling the web interface side.

Had this in my signature on old forum, there does not seem to be a place for this on the new forum.

I suspect that the zabbix and owncloud settings of apache overlap. Does zabbix have a web-interface? Did you restrict the configuration to a subdomain or a sub-folder of zabbix?

example: if you add a
<Directory /var/www> ... </Directory> at the wrong place with the wrong content, you can also alter the settings of owncloud that it will stop working.